Windscreen claim affect insurance renewal?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Hi guys,

Anyone able to advise if making a windscreen claim affects the insurance come renewal time? Is this a claim which needs to be disclosed at renewal? I was under the impression it wouldn't need disclosed as its a bolt on to the normal policy and not essentially a road traffic claim etc?

Cheers

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I claimed for a windscreen a few years back. Have changed insurance companies twice since and it was never mentioned.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Mine actually did, it went through my insurance who used autoglass, and the next year's insurance went up, I rang up about it to see why and they told me because of the windscreen claim, I cancelled the policy then. That was with budget insurance who really aren't great anyway but they were cheap at the time

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
It will say on your insurance Policy Schedule what specifically is covered and what affect it will have. You will either have got a booklet in the post or by email stating everything relevant to the policy you took out.
Most companies waive one windscreen replacement per year with no affect or similar.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.