Windscreen replacement affect policy?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Anyone able to confirm if a windscreen replacement has affected their insurance ncd or renewal? From what I can see online it looks like it should be declared as a claim come renewal?
The likes of confused.com and gocompare have a section for declaring it in the claims part.

Last edited:

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
No effect on my insurance you just pay the excess. From memory you can make up to three windscreen claims a year with no effect.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
No effect on my insurance you just pay the excess. From memory you can make up to three windscreen claims a year with no effect.

The comparison websites have a section for declaring a screen claim now so I'm thinking it must affect a policy price in some form these days. Be interesting to hear from anyone who has had one replaced recently and then declared it come renewal.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
It did affect mine but not by very much, I got mine replaced in a bmw about 3 years ago and the next year my insurance had gone up a bit (£30-£40) rang AXA up to see why as I was hoping it would have gone down and they said it was because of the insurance claim I had put through the previous year. I told them it was just the windscreen and I had paid the excess and they told me that's why it hadn't gone up more, because it was just the windscreen

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.