wipers parking position for MOT?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
ok the brother in laws astra has a common problem where the motor dosnt stop the wipers in the normal park poistion automatically, you have to manually time flicking the control up quickly to park the wipers - is this likely to be an MOT fail if he dosnt catch the wipers in the proper park position in time?

Ta (y)

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Is this on the rear window? If its the front ones if might give bother but rear shouldn't

I de-wipered my ZR with no bother and its passed MOT twice like that (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I guess if they parked obstruction your field of view on the windscreeen...they could get ratty about it.

Although last few times Ive been through MOT, they havent even asked me to put the wipers on.
I guess with most cars these days, the chances of them not working is very slim.

Neill_S14

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Silvia Sp
Wee gav's (BangorGav) astra went through M.o.t with the same problem today, Gav says he didnt say anything it stuck in the middle of the screen then he flicked the wiper stalk up again and it returned to normal park :grinning:, Ace275 off here repairs the wiper motors contact him if your looking one done :grinning:

belfastchris

RMS Regular
OP
belfastchris
Drives
E61msport
Wee gav's (BangorGav) astra went through M.o.t with the same problem today, Gav says he didnt say anything it stuck in the middle of the screen then he flicked the wiper stalk up again and it returned to normal park :grinning:, Ace275 off here repairs the wiper motors contact him if your looking one done :grinning:

nice one ill drop a PM, cheers for the feedback. ill see if he fancies chancing it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.