Wiring Help, Vuax Corsa D.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Howdy there,
Have just installed a system into a mates Corsa D, everything went dead on, except for the fact I can't pick up a remote feed from the head unit, its the standard vauxhall unit, CD30? has the aux in.

I coudnt for the life of me find a remote type wire, so the amp turns off/on with the, only was able take it from the power so its constantly on, had to wire a switch on.

Would anyone know how to solve this problem, so I don't need a switch, or where on the car ignition I could tap into ?

thanks

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You could tap into anything that comes on with the ignition, such as the cigarette lighter which will be easily got at...

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
under the gear stick there should be a whole bunch of wires for thing like heated seats etc you could tap into any of them :grinning:

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
You could tap into anything that comes on with the ignition, such as the cigarette lighter which will be easily got at...
yeah i was thinking cigarette lightter, but trying to get at it, isn't easy :/
shall maybe try and locate it off the fuse box

w444pas

Drives
st170
run it off the fuse box sye frm the radio fuse thts what i did in my bro vec

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Tie it into the ignition wire for the radio then, which would be the easiest option and ensures it only goes on with the radio...

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
There is no ignition lead on the standard new vauxhall headunits, Astra h Corsa C zafiras etc, you have to run them of else were, in the astras ive been runing them off the cigarette lighter/12v socket there was an ignition live strapped to it not connected. failing that there is one in the hazzard light switch

syecadelic

RMS Regular
OP
syecadelic
Drives
Evo IX
There is no ignition lead on the standard new vauxhall headunits, Astra h Corsa C zafiras etc, you have to run them of else were, in the astras ive been runing them off the cigarette lighter/12v socket there was an ignition live strapped to it not connected. failing that there is one in the hazzard light switch
cheers dude, il chck when i next can

Rushe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar/ Chevy S1
99% sure there is a remote out on the newer vauxhall radios, there will be no wire in the plug but you can still use it, just need to check with a multimeter.

Smithybmcfc

Drives
Corsa d 57 plate
Hi guys me n my mate need help. I'm installing a after market sterio with a screen into my corsa d. N were all confused because the ISO cables are different colours to the sterio. N we ain't got a clue

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Hi guys me n my mate need help. I'm installing a after market sterio with a screen into my corsa d. N were all confused because the ISO cables are different colours to the sterio. N we ain't got a clue

Without being able to see the headunit/wiring be hard to tell you what wires are what.

Smithybmcfc

Drives
Corsa d 57 plate
This the wiring from the car dude

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 19,776

Smithybmcfc

Drives
Corsa d 57 plate
This is the after market stereo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10,621

Smithybmcfc

Drives
Corsa d 57 plate
I were gonna join these wires in this block would this not work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 3,460

Smithybmcfc

Drives
Corsa d 57 plate
Aup pal I purchased one of the conversion kits n the dash light doesn't work I've got to bypass the handbrake n steering wheel controls don't work because on the conversion kit there's not the same amount of wire as the original wiring

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.