Wot do u think?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

barneydher

Ok im sure your all fed up of my question on advice on cars, i promise thr drying up now. But wot are calibras like as a car? are they fast?reliable? hard to get parts for? i think thr a killer lookin car and i hear u can get a sweet note off them.
cheers

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
clinty off here has just got one

i think they are class motor's personally, if you can afford it i would stretch to a turbo.....4x4 and fully equipped :laughing:

Gambit

RMS Regular
get something like a redtopped 16v with the full leather and your laughing

they are cheap as chips to run considering they use cavalier running gear

though i wouldnt buy a 4x4 turbo if your looking something that is cheap to run

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
i'm in england at the minute and there are some lethal looking clai's. the 4*4 that was mentioned earlier, theres one next door, 18's, big carbon spoiler, hoooge engine bay - the guy has spent 3-4000 on the engine bay alone, sounds like a fu cking rocket ship!

but theres loads of subtle ones too, will try to get a few pics later on

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
dirk diggler said:
i'm in england at the minute and there are some lethal looking clai's.

and what is a clai meant to be? I saw a really nice Frod Fucos earlier :?:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
hoooge engine bay - the guy has spent 3-4000 on the engine bay alone, sounds like a fu cking rocket ship!

did he get the engine bay of his car made bigger thats a bit stupid don`t u think. id rathere have put the 3-4 grand all into my engine in upgradin it to give the car more power

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
true :lol:

barneydher why dont u search the net for all the info u can about a calibra go test drive a few then that shud make ur mind up for u

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
its a cavalier coupe, i dont need to say any more, apart from any ones i see driving about belong to drug dealers, who have just moved up from a cavalier sri! :roll:

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
sorry rocko lad meant to type cali - calibra?

@ tufty - meant he had lots of ,odifications done to the engine, not the actual engine bay itself

iain

Glorified Cavilier, my friend has one, its the dogs, but need to find a redtopped engine in one. Don't go for turbo, waste of money. If your after a turbo with 4x4 then a subaru impreza can be bought for not a lot of money now.

Clinty

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 / Renaul
I got mine 3 weeks a go and I love it. Its a 2ltr 16v Ecotec, they look well and arent really dated considering the design is 14 years old now, fuel consumption isnt bad either and is on par with my 1.8 Focus I had before. Not bothered about this redtop v ecotec thing people go on about. Handles good considering the size of the body and the 2ltr does pull along nicely. 0-60 is 8 secs.

Try www.clubcalibra.net for advice and some info on them.

Dermot

Depends on your Budget ...
At the end of the day... There a Cavalier Coupe

engines you have a choice of
115BHP (C20NE) - Can be bought for £200-£1000
136BHP (X20XEV) - Eco-Tech... Newer models, £1000-£3000
150BHP (C20XE) - Redtop, Older Models .. £200-£1500
204BHP (C20LET) - 6 speed 4x4 Turbo (380BHP potentional)£1000-£4000
170BHP (X25XE) - The Daddy... 2.5 V6 (42MPG Driving it easy)

Check Insurance though as the lowest group I think these came in was Group 12

They replaced the Redtop with the Eco-Tech I think in 1994.. So you cant get a '95 Redtop ... Eco-tech is a better engine over all, Alot less tunning potentional and give the odd sensor bother...

My Choice ... Value for money ... the V6 Cali :laughing:

But I think there not as nice lookin as the Cav... I's rather have a Cav anyday.. For Handling etc..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.