Would you get wheels diamond cut on NI roads ?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
When I went for the polished lip, yeh it lasted maybe 6 months or so before I seen signs of corrosion. The wheels were not even damaged, it had obviously been a tiny stone chip or the likes that broke the lacquer.

I couldn’t be bothered with it any longer so when for the above finish which should be much easier kept, unless the Mrs hits a kerb :joy:

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Problem is, a single stone can flaw the finish and cause the aforementioned problems....... wondering if you could get PPF cut to fit the larger areas? Michael at Polished Alloys was doing the Audi type similar to Mels for under £250 with polished lip and matte lacquer grey for me.....bit of a quandary all right, I don’t have an option as hers is leased so has to remain factory std meh!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Problem is, a single stone can flaw the finish and cause the aforementioned problems....... wondering if you could get PPF cut to fit the larger areas? Michael at Polished Alloys was doing the Audi type similar to Mels for under £250 with polished lip and matte lacquer grey for me.....bit of a quandary all right, I don’t have an option as hers is leased so has to remain factory std meh!
Could do, as it's a nice flat area. Though would PPF survive on a wheel ? Plus it would need a fair size of sheet only for 90% to go in the bin.

Think we'll just get them painted one colour.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Shadow chrome for me is the perfect compromise IMO. I got mine done 18 months ago and love the colour but unfortunately even as a painted finish they started bubbling after a year.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Is it just me or are the roads particularly boggin this year as well?

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Shadow chrome for me is the perfect compromise IMO. I got mine done 18 months ago and love the colour but unfortunately even as a painted finish they started bubbling after a year.
Gotta agree on the shadow chrome!

Attachments

• E4E97690-92FB-4B95-8884-3C20344BC099.jpeg
    E4E97690-92FB-4B95-8884-3C20344BC099.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 35F65D75-20CF-4BB4-AC01-B4AAACDAA7A9.jpeg
    35F65D75-20CF-4BB4-AC01-B4AAACDAA7A9.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 53