Wouldn’t be RMS without a what car thread

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
So getting married in 5 weeks and the soon to be Mrs AlpineF30 wants to change her 116d as the PCP deal is nearly up.

She has changed jobs so its currently doing approx 40k per year so I am not getting another car on PCP.

So looking to trade her 116d in and buy something outright that we don’t have to worry about miles on just maintenance.

She has had a few cars in mind but keeps changing her mind:

*Face lift E70 X5
* F30 M Sport - Likes them but says they are as common as muck
* Audi A6 Sline

So any suggestions would be appreciated as need to start looking in the next few weeks.

Requirements list

*Max budget 15k
* Miles don’t matter as it will have mega miles put on it anyway so long as its in good condition and I have a lift and a decent workshop so can do a lot of the work myself
* Preferably black
* No Mercedes
* Needs to be a dealer/trade as I need to trade a 1 series

Cheers

Sonny

RMS Photographer
suzuki-jimny-635.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've had a F31 and currently have an A6. The BMW was probably more engaging to drive but for doing big miles the Audi is well ahead in interior and comfort.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
A jeep is a much much nicer way to spend mileage than a car in terms of comfort.

Downside is the running costs and maintenance is much higher. Would need to be something with air suspension for me.

I'd suggest a full fat RR but the fuel costs are nothing short of horrendous. Would have an X5 over a RRS at that money too.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
VRS diesel fits the bill perfectly, good looking motor, VAG reliability, cheap maintenance, comfy, decent tech and 180bhp is plenty for the daily commute. What more could you want?

66C9E65D-5354-46B1-B749-FC46A1C0B6E7.jpeg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks all for the suggestions :grinning: never even thought of the A7 and they are great looking.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
So any suggestions would be appreciated as need to start looking in the next few weeks.

Requirements list

*Prestige Badge
*Max budget 15k
* Miles don’t matter as it will have mega miles put on it anyway so long as its in good condition and I have a lift and a decent workshop so can do a lot of the work myself
* Preferably black
* No Mercedes
* Needs to be a dealer/trade as I need to trade a 1 series

Cheers

updated that for you :p

No Skodas, Hyundais or Kias guys, hes already scolded me 8o|