wrapped car, should I inform DVLNI?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

corsacj

RMS Regular
I know you dont have to as its not a permanent colour change, and original colour is still visible in door shuts etc (in my case)

But would I be likely to be pulled by police etc for car colour not matching the reg? As I said above I know I dont have to inform them but is it likely to avoid me any unnecicary stops from the popo if I do? Get pulled often enough as is lol

Cheers

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The thing is, as it isnt a permanent change, what are you going to tell them ?

They wont change the V5 to a multi coloured car ?

Although not sure what those Benetton VW's were listed as a few years ago that were multiple colours.

corsacj

RMS Regular
OP
corsacj

Although not sure what those Benetton VW's were listed as a few years ago that were multiple colours.

Its all yellow on the outside (well will be by tomorrow lol) just curious if I would attract more police attention if the reg flags up as a colour the car isnt!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It's not a legal requirement. When they run plates, they are only looking for insurance, tax and MOT usually.

I'd more more inclined to ring the insurance company and make them aware of it though...

Mark_C

RMS Regular

I think they had them down as **** boxes tbh

RCT

RMS Regular

Nearly sure they were down as whatever colour the sills were Stevie. That was because it was a "fixed part" on the car that was visible and wasn't removeable.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
From what I remember seeing at one point, you may just need to inform your insurance

Ollie

RMS Regular
I drove that zx for a good year and was never stopped. It was white but red on the tax book. I wouldn't worry.

In fact, I was stopped once for my speed and they did the usual checks and never said anything about the colour.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
It's not a legal requirement. When they run plates, they are only looking for insurance, tax and MOT usually.

I'd more more inclined to ring the insurance company and make them aware of it though...

Both true however if it came back as a different colour I'd like to think the police would make a few more inquires. As if it were that easy you could order a set of plates of eBay for a car the same make and model that was all legal and fire them onto your car. Yes I know you could do this now but surely it being a different colour would throw up a few issues to the police in the car behind you.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Tell the insurance just to keep yourself right Chris, never worry about the colour on the book. The Police won't be interested.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.