WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
VW have said no Polo WRC will compete next year. It will be an absolute shame we never get to see that car run, it would be the benchmark for all the others.

Only 4 men will ever know how good it was; Ogier, JML, Mikkelsen & Grönholm. :worried:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I just struggle to see how malcolm could fund ogier?

Unless the customer programmes have the business booming again post ford pulling the money a few seasons ago

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I just struggle to see how malcolm could fund ogier?

Unless the customer programmes have the business booming again post ford pulling the money a few seasons ago
The amount of money he has invested in the test track at M-Sport and the new workshops is substantial, £19 million. Was shown round it work in progress a few weeks back.
I'd say there would be some movement to deal with Ogier

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Loads of places wrote VW will honour contracts and pay for a seat next year!!

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Autosport reporting that VW are prepared to hire out the 2016 cars for next year for the privateers cup. With either them running them or a private team.

Also saying regarding the 2017 car that
"We want get this project finished. We are 98% of the way there and we don't want to stop before the finish line"

"we will go through the homologation documentation and we will complete the process as far as we can"

"The car can't be totally homologated, you need to be competing with the car to get the stamp from the FIA"

Does that leave it open for a "private" team to take over and possibly run the 2017 cars?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Overall after Day 1 at Rally Australia.

JML hit a bridge on SS1 & limped through the remainder of the opening loop
866B0FCE-7286-4E22-9B61-6E1F10059FD6.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Overall after Day 2 at Rally Australia.

Somehow Mikkelsen bent his clutch pedal & drove part of the way with the brake partially on!

5 stages to run tomorrow. Note Lappi leading WRC2 by almost 4minutes!
A2F90970-0C7F-4572-BFE4-8EE7EC5FDF6F.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Andreas Mikkelsen wins Rally Australia!

Faultless drive from the Norwegian to give the Polo R WRC & the Volkswagen Motorsport squad a fitting send off.

IMG_5571.JPG

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No messing about with Ogier…straight home from Australia to test TMG's Yaris WRC.

Expected to test the Fiesta WRC this week too.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He'll go to the best car…fingers crossed that Fiesta is as good as it looks.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On that note... @Cess anyone offering odds for meeke winning championship next year yet, bound to be worth sticking a score on

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I'd stick a 5er on him. Good a chance as the rest of them.

Cess

RMS Staff
No odds available yet anywhere, I suspect until the driver merry go round is sorted.

Putting your money on Ogier last year (total no brainer) would have returned more than any high street ISA. :scream:

Cess

RMS Staff
Complete aside. Polo 2017 cannot be homologated. So it gets parked in the great pantheon of great rally cars that never were like the Toyota MR2 Group S and Dacia Logan S2000.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.