WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
What's everyone's thoughts on the SS12 being cancalled due to average speed being to high.

Do you think we will see man made chicanes in the WRC now in the fast sections to slow the cars down

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What's everyone's thoughts on the SS12 being cancalled due to average speed being to high.

Do you think we will see man made chicanes in the WRC now in the fast sections to slow the cars down

Hope it was due to the conditions just, their just driving on ice the whole time, only a dusting on snow over the top. Not enough snow.

Last edited:

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Lol, wasn't good English tea, oil crap bought from the filling station close by :p took 2 tea bags in one cup.

Literally in touching distance of ogiers car too when they were servicing.

I don't drink tea or coffee. So warm water would of even suited me.
Very much would love to be there

Hope it was due to the conditions just, there just driving on ice the whole time, only a dusting on snow over the top. Not enough snow.

Autosport are quoting it was due to the average speed being too high and they advised them to cancel.
As far as I am aware the tyres are designed to clear the snow to try and find the ice. As that's where the grip is with the studs.

Reactions: DC.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I don't drink tea or coffee. So warm water would of even suited me.
Very much would love to be there

Autosport are quoting it was due to the average speed being too high and they advised them to cancel.
As far as I am aware the tyres are designed to clear the snow to try and find the ice. As that's where the grip is with the studs.
Could have sat down a chatted to Malcom and Matthew Wilson :p

Why give them more power and more aerodynamics and complain about they being too fast? Makes sense lol. It's like they don't think of these things.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Could have sat down a chatted to Malcom and Matthew Wilson :p

Why give them more power and more aerodynamics and complain about they being too fast? Makes sense lol. It's like they don't think of these things.

They would of kicked me out as I would of been pestering them that much :oops::eek:

I know it doesn't make sense :confounded:

I loled at this
IMG_1597.JPG

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Did I post pictures off Louise Cooks car on here? Were they removed or did I post them In a different thread?

Could of swore I did, but can't find them. If they were removed that's alright, would like to know as I remember uploading and typing in something And wondering if I actually posted them lol.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Did I post pictures off Louise Cooks car on here? Were they removed or did I post them In a different thread?

Could of swore I did, but can't find them. If they were removed that's alright, would like to know as I remember uploading and typing in something lol.

I haven't seen them. Get them back up

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Read the FIA report on it, not the journal headlines.

Canceled on safety grounds of which speed had a factor, if the stage was sheet ice, those speeds would make it dangerous for all involved.

There are several factors here

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I had said/typed Louise Cook could do with you sponsor now @David.S

IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG

She had an off shortly before Colin's crest the removed the bumper and wrecked the sill and door.

Got pushed out and going and the bonnet flew open going over Colin's crest, bonnets pins ripped out of the plastic front panel as the bumper off allowed wind to get up it I presume.

Was chatting to the/a mechanic and her co-driver

Scrutiny will allow them to continue in the morning if they can get the get the door to open and close and the windscreen needs replaced. They were about to bring the recce car into the service tent to cut the windscreen out it lol and a spectator was kind enough to bring the bumper from the stage back to service and give it too them.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Read the FIA report on it, not the journal headlines.

Canceled on safety grounds of which speed had a factor, if the stage was sheet ice, those speeds would make it dangerous for all involved.

There are several factors here

Your right I read the headline :oops:

So it's more to do because it was a snow rally and if them average speeds were reached on gravel or tar. All would be going

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Lol, wasn't good English tea, oil crap bought from the filling station close by :p took 2 tea bags in one cup.

Literally in touching distance of ogiers car too when they were servicing.
Any time I done a wrc event I was always signed on media which used to give access to all the team tents etc.

Some seriously fine food and drink on offer back then when the wrc was good

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Any time I done a wrc event I was always signed on media which used to give access to all the team tents etc.

Some seriously fine food and drink on offer back then when the wrc was good
Oh aye, 2 of the other boys enjoyed some dinner yesterday lol

IMG_0681.JPG

Think they forgot or ran out of teabags, girl said she had went to the nearest shop that morning to get them when we asked was it proper British tea lol

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P

View attachment 137357 View attachment 137358 View attachment 137359

She had an off shortly before Colin's crest the removed the bumper and wrecked the sill and door.

Got pushed out and going and the bonnet flew open going over Colin's crest, bonnets pins ripped out of the plastic front panel as the bumper off allowed wind to get up it I presume.

Scrutiny will allow them to continue in the morning if they can get the get the door to open and close and the windscreen needs replaced. They were about to bring the recce car into the service tent to cut the windscreen out it lol and a spectator was kind enough to bring the bumper from the stage back to service and give it too them.

Ouch I seen she had a roll on the Friday too.
So easy done

Why she didn't put that proposthion to do the BRC I have noidea instead. Serious money to find to just do one huge rally with no prep is madness

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
She lives in dream world, champagne eyes and coca-cola pockets

I think I can be guilty of that too. :-#:p
Though my champagne eyes would never Focus to do something like that.
Though woman can use themselves in such away to attract plenty of funding sometimes.

Dave..

RMS Regular

View attachment 137357 View attachment 137358 View attachment 137359

I agree, its crazy she didn`t do a lower class of rally to build up some experience and presence.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Louise Cook didn't get to run due to changing the seat brackets as they were bent with the impact, change to none homologated recaro ones.

Hateful after getting it ready in time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.