WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KevM

RMS Regular
Has to be centre diff mapping. Its like its not unlocking off the power and pulling the front into chronic understeer. Surely those cars are smart enough to transfer drive to the front as lock is wound on the steering?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Jari-matti said in the two weeks before the Yaris was homologated he asked the team to make changes to the gear ratios & diff set-up which he said made a huge difference.

I imagine the C3 has a very narrow set-up window & in changing conditions - like Monte Carlo & Sweden - it would be very inconsistent to drive.

Mexico will tell a tale alright.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Watched it on 5 player few lads from NI on the footage, anyone off here?! Meeke isn't having much luck at the moment but I really think his potential isn't gonna be seen with ****reon.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I see Jari-Matti had a bit of an off road excursion during testing of the Yaris on gravel....

Reactions: DC.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I see Jari-Matti had a bit of an off road excursion during testing of the Yaris on gravel....

Whoops.

If the was Mcrea in the focus 1st gear would have been selected and the finger on the start button ready to go before the car even stopped rolling :p

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Couple of blasts round the SSS to kick off Rally Mexico

D57AF170-6F32-4353-8FEC-FD23D2EF5384.jpg

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
First two stages of the day cancelled due to cars and engineers not arriving until late today after getting stuck for 6 hours on a motorway. Bit of a bad start that.

Reactions: DC.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Meeke fastest through the longest stage of the rally and leads the rally by 9.7!

Some big names loosing a lot of time and seems everyone bar Citroen had engine alarms and stuff going off in the stage.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
What a turnaround for Citroen with Meeke taking the win in Mexico but it could have been oh so different! Anyone watching the power stage? Meeke left the road about 1k from the end into a car park and almost clipped a car! Made it back on to the stage and won by 13.8 seconds. I thought it was all over and I reckon Meeke did too!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Just seen this,he actually collected the back of the parked car and as such even luckier than I first assumed...

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just seen this,he actually collected the back of the parked car and as such even luckier than I first assumed...

Aye I thought I seen that car move a little, nice wee bill for Citroen to get lol

Does rally insurance cover that or what actually happens?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Aye I thought I seen that car move a little, nice wee bill for Citroen to get lol

Does rally insurance cover that or what actually happens?
No idea what way it works, hand the owner a brand new C3 and all will be forgiven lol

Just glad it wasn't anything bigger or worse, a person

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
No idea what way it works, hand the owner a brand new C3 and all will be forgiven lol

Just glad it wasn't anything bigger or worse, a person
Cars really shouldn't be parked there, and wouldn't be here and in a lot of other places, just shows the difference in the countries even in a wrc event.

And as for that fella take a photo and basically on the road/track. Boggles your mind what goes through some people's head.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Cars really shouldn't be parked there, and wouldn't be here and in a lot of other places, just shows the difference in the countries even in a wrc event.

And as for that fella take a photo and basically on the road/track. Boggles your mind what goes through some people's head.
I've parked in worse in Ireland, not stood in worse though

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.