WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Official announcement from Dearborn is expected in the morning.

Seems withdrawing from Global RX was a headache and more costly than expected.

Hang on, so that's how Ken Block managed to to find an RS200 (with delivery miles) ^o)
Just checked and there is nothing sitting embargoed from ford ref it, will keep an eye out

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Francois Delecour was also competing in last weekends Rally du Var in an Aston V8 Vantage.

Actually looks pretty quick.

Thought an Aston would have been a bit heavy for that kinda thing, speed least interesting to me than the noise :heart_eyes:

giphy.gif

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I remember a db9 rallying in barbados in 2009 it had come over from the uk. The following year a local bought a gt3, it was much nicer to hear and see tbh

GlennM

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Hearing rumours of a "high level WRC management departure" ... A LOT of people speculating that its Yves Matton from Citroen... nothing confirmed yet though!

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Good news for Evans too, glad to see that (y)

With Ford America involved, and the Rally-X programme canned, does this mean we will see Block back in the WRC in some shape or form?

He's the official driver for the Ford Performance 'Historical Fleet' so will no doubt make an appearance.

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Apparently Block will pick up PR duties Ogier can't fulfill in the US and Asia (He has a huge fan base in China)

Block has turned into the worst type of Ford rally geek. Quoting number plates :rolleyes: of cars he'd like to drive.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I like Block, lol, he's the luckiest guy on the planet and gets to do all this cool stuff just for fun. Don't care if he's "not the best" or "not as good as XYZ". Good on him, we all would if we could :cool:

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
I like Block, lol, he's the luckiest guy on the planet and gets to do all this cool stuff just for fun. Don't care if he's "not the best" or "not as good as XYZ". Good on him, we all would if we could :cool:

I know what you mean and I have slagged him off.

But I have started to respect him since he joined Rallycross, he's actually pretty good at it and it suits his sideways driving style.

But, if he bins the McRae Safari winning Focus at Goodwood next year he'll have an army of Ford rally geeks (in Ford bobble hats) chasing him to Heathrow with pitch forks.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Always makes me laugh when I think a lot of Americans used to think Block was the best rally driver on Earth & that Colin McRae was a fictional character like Lara Croft: Tomb Raider!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It was pretty typical there was a crash involved though :innocent::p

Hiding under the desk writing that :joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.