WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Thank you so much @weeloaney it certainly does mate, appreciate it.I don't get into the politics and statistics of this sport, I couldn't care less, it is about being there and being able to capture my favourite sport and enjoying the atmosphere. Seeing people enjoy my work and WRC sharing it, just makes it soooo much better!

C16NNR

RMS Regular
No doubting Toyota's commitment to the WRC:
2 test teams
2 countries
2 surfaces

Hanninen:

Latvala:

The best thing is Toyota are launching in April a new Yaris to compete against the likes of the Polo GTI & ST fiesta, producing approx 200bhp! CANNOT WAIT

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Wales Rally GB
8 mins ·
‪No official announcement yet but MSA British Rally Championship Champion Elfyn Evans is on the Monte Carlo Rally entry list and is set to carry No3 on the new M Sport Fiesta alongside Ogier and Tanak in 2017. #WRGB #WRC‬

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
1 M-SPORT OGIER Sébastien
2 M-SPORT TANAK Ott
3 M-SPORT EVANS Elfyn
4 HYUNDAI PADDON Hayden
5 HYUNDAI NEUVILLE Thierry
6 HYUNDAI SORDO Dani
7 CITROEN MEEKE Kris
8 CITROEN LEFEBVRE Stéphane
10 TOYOTA LATVALA Jari-Matti
11 TOYOTA HANNINEN Juho

Craig Breen is driving a DS3 WRC, Andreas Mikkelsen is driving a Škoda Fabia R5 & Eric Camilli is driving a Fiesta R5.

Sam.

RMS Regular
No DMACK car?

Also, French press reporting that Camilli will start all rounds, with the first 4 in an R5 then possibly a WRC after that depending on availability/results.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think the rear wheels where off it but no matter they should have had no problems getting 3 cars ready.

M-Sport & Hyundai have 3 ready.

Cess

RMS Staff
The FIA changed the way manufacturer points were to be awarded for this season late in 2016, which caught both Toyota and Citroen on the hop.

Previously, manufacturer teams were limited to two cars only and had to nominate the points scoring drivers.

For 2017, three car teams are allowed and best two out of three finishers score manufacturer points. No nominations needed.

M-SPORT build and sell rally cars, so they were always going to have cars available. Hyundai were planning to run two teams, as per last season, which they have now merged.

Citroen were going to rotate Breen and Lefebvre in the second car, but will now accelerate a third car to maximise potential points scoring. Toyota are in a similar situation.

Got to love the rules and regulations. Don't know the rules, you don't get the game! ;-)

Nb. 2016 cars cannot score manufacturers points.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, that makes sense then :grinning:

As mad as it is, lol. Surely the rules didn't just appear out of the blue though, somebody must have messed up somewhere?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Based on the specs of the 2017 cars, I doubt 2016 car could score many points anyway.
Looking forward to Monte Carlo

Cess

RMS Staff
@svensktoppen Those rule changes for 2017 were only ratified in late 2016 (I think November) when most teams were in the throes of finalising 2017 plans. Running order has also changed too.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
The FIA changed the way manufacturer points were to be awarded for this season late in 2016, which caught both Toyota and Citroen on the hop.

Previously, manufacturer teams were limited to two cars only and had to nominate the points scoring drivers.

For 2017, three car teams are allowed and best two out of three finishers score manufacturer points. No nominations needed.

M-SPORT build and sell rally cars, so they were always going to have cars available. Hyundai were planning to run two teams, as per last season, which they have now merged.

Citroen were going to rotate Breen and Lefebvre in the second car, but will now accelerate a third car to maximise potential points scoring. Toyota are in a similar situation.

Got to love the rules and regulations. Don't know the rules, you don't get the game! ;-)

Nb. 2016 cars cannot score manufacturers points.
you area wealth of bearded information, a real assest to this sub forum :laughing:

i do recall cars being adapted and altered via the full build to adjust to changing regs

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Likeable chap is Elfyn, hope he can push on this year like Tanak did last year.

Maybe a seat somewhere in there for Mikkelsen at some point this year.
Yep, i recall him buying a few images off me from Donegal the year that he was involved in the unfortunate fatal accident

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
IHe is human afterall, ogier today

#DubShedPrep #Stance

FB_IMG_1484080189359.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.