WRC 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Monte testing in full swing for all teams this past week:

M-Sport

64E9A9F7-FC70-4979-BF55-97EBE33AFACB.jpeg

C4D2B696-C0B6-4290-8967-5805C42B4705.jpeg

Citroen

Hyundai

Toyota

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hopefully 2018 is as good as 2017 (the season not the thread)

:grinning:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
See the good news is Meeke full season with Citroen, Breen 10 rounds, Loeb the other 3 and Al Kassimi in car 3 select rounds.

Leverbfe in wrc2 with the r5 c3.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Makes a lot of sense for Citroen. Be interesting to see how Loeb goes against the current crop of drivers.

They will all want to say “I beat Loeb”.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I'd love to see Loeb come back and put in stage times like in Monte when he came back last time (before he binned it).

I'd say, if the cars in any way good, he'll be very quick in Corsica.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Good news for Meeke and Breen, but not great for the WRC. Only running 2 cars for most of the season would suggest they aren't too interested in a manufacturers championship bid.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Would pose questions about the commitment of Citroen to the WRC, even they are running Lefebvre in WRC2 with the new C3R5.

Obviously can’t match Hyundai or Toyota for €’s being spent.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I'm heading to WRC GB in 2018. Monte Carlo was great but it was my 1st time so next time I know what I'm in for
Spain’s good, get a day of gravel rallying and 2 days of brilliant tarmac roads.
Not overly expensive either.

We are looking at going to Rally Sardegna 2018 atm.
The mates went to Rally GB 2017, but I was going to America the week after so couldnt make it work.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Someone's not happy, which raises the question, why is SL not sharing the third car with AK?

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
All comes down to €.

Ostberg said these new cars are not cheap to run- his 2017 is/was for sale for €750,000. Looks like he’s doing WRC2 with an R5 car.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It's a fair point, does seem odd right enough. It may happen though, never know....

Seems a tad brave not towing the team line all the same, considering Citroen seem to like dropping drivers from event short notice.

I wonder does AK own the 3rd car himself?

Reactions: DC.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
It's a fair point, does seem odd right enough. It may happen though, never know....

Seems a tad brave not towing the team line all the same, considering Citroen seem to like dropping drivers from event short notice.

I wonder does AK own the 3rd car himself?
Id say he pays enough per year to own all three

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Maybe the oil money is drying up.

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
i find the whole WRC platform a bit stale, seems hard to follow unless your actually standing on the stages.

there must be some sort of format in this day an age that can connect the fan to the action.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i find the whole WRC platform a bit stale, seems hard to follow unless your actually standing on the stages.

there must be some sort of format in this day an age that can connect the fan to the action.
I'd say the opposite, lives stages online and on tv, wrc app with live updates, wrc+ with huge amounts of video and inside info and then twitter with lots of pundits and journos reporting live never mind rally radio to keep on top of events.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It’s never been easier to follow in my opinion. As, @Graham says there are numerous forms of media providing huge amounts of live info, pictures & videos.

I find twitter to be the best as all it takes is a fan with a camera/phone to upload what they have seen & it’s online for all to see usually within an hour of it happening.

Then you’ve got YouTube which is fantastic for all testing videos & rally highlights.

KevM

RMS Regular
I'd say the opposite, lives stages online and on tv, wrc app with live updates, wrc+ with huge amounts of video and inside info and then twitter with lots of pundits and journos reporting live never mind rally radio to keep on top of events.

The only thing I would really use Twitter for, is Rally updates, virtually as they happen.

Last Ulster Rally, I had tweeted a couple of off’s and break-downs within a few hundred yards of where we were spectating, & within seconds the Official Twitter account had it re-tweeted to everyone!

Handy!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.