WRC 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cunning

RMS Regular
@dufunk it was 2009:

6F157073-2DFA-44C9-AB2E-D900C7B60A1D.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Kris has announced this morning that Seb Marshall will be navigating for him next year.
Good to have it confirmed, heard it from a good source the day of the new deal was released, but with a few random events and diff passengers, it was always a wonder if that's who it would be

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I honestly didn't think he would leave the PSA group.
He has no choice, they have no money, and questionable cars.

So are Citroen mounting a serious challenge at all next year then?
Have they been serious in the last two years? Seems they will roll out the basics with what little money they have, or their drivers bring

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's certainly the impression. It's just that briefly it looked like they were going to put more into it but nope.

So it's a two horse race between Toyota and Hyundai next year then?

Seems like Kris got fired at just the right time, this looks like it has worked out really well for him in the end. He will have a potential winning car under him and a good team. Just hope he can keep it together!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That's certainly the impression. It's just that briefly it looked like they were going to put more into it but nope.

So it's a two horse race between Toyota and Hyundai next year then?

Seems like Kris got fired at just the right time, this looks like it has worked out really well for him in the end. He will have a potential winning car under him and a good team. Just hope he can keep it together!
Abu Dhabi have pulled their sponsorship too I read, his money would have allowed the cars to run, while Citroen could then invest in R&D...

Now the manufacturer will just about keep two cars on events...

Two horse race it seems, yes, but if breen gets into a ford, he certainly has the talent to sniff at podiums, and we know consistency wins championships...

It's going to be some season tbh, I do hope meeke does well, he deserves a break, and lady luck, the aul slut, could do with finally behaving herself too.

Cess

RMS Staff
My thoughts, fwiw.

Ogier comes with considerable Red Bull sponsorship, which will cover a great deal of his costs.

The C3 has also had significant homologation upgrades to geometry, differentials and suspension over the past year. It's not the bag of bolts it originally was. Plus the engine was always strong.

Ogier is not daft. I don't think he would ever let his heart rule his head and sign for a team with a car that isn't capable of winning consistently. Yes the dream is French winner in a French car. But he must be confident that car can get him a title as he looks towards his swansong.

Nevertheless, the Toyota looks like the pick of the bunch.

Kris is also a number 2 in that team. Tanak is the main man and Kris's role will be to help Tanak win and drivers title and ensure Toyota retain the manufacturers crown.

Oddly, the car that's at the bottom of the pile is the Fiesta. The Ford money didn't emerge. The Ford Performance technical support didn't yield any massive gains. M-Sport can't keep development pace with the other 3 teams unless they get a big sponsor and proper manufacturer backing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.