WRC 2019: All chat here

Cess

RMS Staff
That's one of the oddest platform pieces I've ever read.

"Let's save WRC coverage from pay to view by putting it on a totally different pay to view service."

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
The author of the article clearly omitted RB TV as it would have made the argument invalid.

There was an interview with someone from Red Bull TV during the Monte about their future plans for broadcasting the WRC.

They're testing drones that follow the cars using the cars GPS tracker. 2 drones follow the car, one for overhead and another can go ahead of the car to capture drive by shots.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That's one of the oddest platform pieces I've ever read.

"Let's save WRC coverage from pay to view by putting it on a totally different pay to view service."
Indeed, I guess the author assumes everyone already has netflix

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Be great if Netflix did take it on but I doubt they will.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Tbh the bt sport coverage is very good imo, it's the same as the wrc live thing isn't it. But only have access to it as my parents have by sport as part of their broadband.

Red bull TV is ok, but last I used it I found the app a bit crap to navigate, maybe it's changed.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Be great if Netflix did take it on but I doubt they will.
Would certainly bring it to a much much wider audience, those with an interest in motorsport, but maybe not a passion (yet), and lets face it, I'd say most home have a subscription to netflix

Reactions: DC.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The author of the article clearly omitted RB TV as it would have made the argument invalid.

There was an interview with someone from Red Bull TV during the Monte about their future plans for broadcasting the WRC.

They're testing drones that follow the cars using the cars GPS tracker. 2 drones follow the car, one for overhead and another can go ahead of the car to capture drive by shots.

Can see a few being piled into trees and the likes lol

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
does anybody know if rally Mexico is on bt sport behind the red button as it was on the first 2 rallies. i can,t find any info on it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
BT Sport Extra 3 @salster

1850048A-2C27-425B-8782-186B4A08B7BE.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Found it (y)

Tons of stuff there - Bathurst, Dakar, etc. Wish I hadn't looked now :joy::innocent:

Only daily highlights for WRC, no overall highlights show. So that's three hours to plough through.

fergalmagee

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
BAD LUCK!!!

Elfyn evan’s very unlucky today getting a puncture on the last stage, if you don’t have luck in motorsport your beat.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Does anyone on free-to-air TV show WRC highlights anymore? It used to be on Channel 5 last year, but haven't noticed any freeview station carrying it this year.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
It's a shame the viewing figures have dropped so much recently but having it moved about so much in recent years probably hasn't helped.

Cheers for the advice.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
It's a shame the viewing figures have dropped so much recently but having it moved about so much in recent years probably hasn't helped.

Cheers for the advice.
The sport isn't what it was to be fair, the mainstream don't give a **** about four-wheel motorsport. I'd be safer banging my head against a wall, than trying to sell motorsport to regional dailies, never mind the weeklies who have even less budget...