CE349EC9-8DF2-4BF7-8E32-6BCAC08ACBCF.jpeg
D7EEBFB7-EAEB-40AD-8B24-CF1473FAECA2.jpeg
494A0052-1B09-42E6-B003-0974EC39FF27.jpeg

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Been watching a load of the test videos for Monte, looking forward to it. Wish I was going. :sob:

Sam.

RMS Regular
5 out of 6 championships in the past 2 years and M-Sport have next to no commercial sponsor backing on the Fiesta :neutral: Still, livery looks great.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Neat how they incorporated the map of their new ‘Evaluation Centre’ into this years livery, crying out for a sponsor. Could be a long year for them.

Toyota and Tanak are the ones to beat in my opinion.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
With Monte Carlo all but a couple of weeks away it was time for a new thread.

A few changes in the driver market with reigning World Champions Ogier/Ingrassia leaving M-Sport to return to Citroen - can they win with a third different manufacturer?

What can Kris Meeke do with a Toyota Yaris? And will his new partnership with Scott Martin prove a winning one?

What will 9-time World Champion Sebastien Loeb bring to Hyundai during his limited campaign?

M-Sport look to be underdogs again as they almost didn’t make the championship entry list due to uncertainty over funding for the entire season. Can Evans or Suninen grab a podium or two this year?

For me, anyone who finishes ahead of Ott Tanak will be a champion.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
OP
weeloaney
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Aye don’t look much like the roads cars at all compare to the 90’s and early 2000’s, but I think the fiesta and i30 look class, the the Toyota, don’t like the C3 at all and the shade of red isn’t nice in person.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They have as much in common with a "road car" as a WTC/BTCC car - nothing bar a sticker on the side. Just skins with a vague resemblance draped over a regulation space frame chassis.

It's like any motorsport these days. Who cares how they look as long as they win :innocent::cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Loeb could win his outings with Hyundai. He was competitive in last year's Citroen and that wasn't a great car. The Hyundai is right at the top.

Really looking forward to see what Kris can do with Toyota, great opportunity for him and without the pressure of being lead driver.

Where did Latvala end up?

Ogier has shown he can win with any team, in fact he brings his own team. With his funding there is no reason other than development time and testing why he couldn't do it with them. Should be interesting to watch how it goes.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Jari stayed with TeamTommi and was their Mr. Consistency last year so will hope to build in that.

Nice how they’ve been given a choice of numbers this year like other motorsport series. Meeke is 5, Loeb 19, Tanak 8, Evans 33, Suninen 3, JML 10, Neuville 11, Sordo 6, Lappi 4, Mikkelsen 89 & Ogier using his champions privilege by using 1.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Some WRC news today - Ostberg is doing a WRC2-PRO programme with Citroen in the R5 starting from Sweden, and rumours that Gronholm will do Sweden in a Yaris WRC. That'll be every champion since 2002 with a Sweden entry this year :cool:

Jari stayed with TeamTommi and was their Mr. Consistency last year so will hope to build in that.
JML had a decent season apart from the 3 retirements, hopefully he can pick up more points this year.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Whoever wins it this year will have to work for it, hopefully we get plenty of different winners.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That should be a fun event then :cool:

Let's just hope there's proper snow this year and not the mudfest of last year.

Reactions: DC.

Cess

RMS Staff
Not WRC (yet) but well done to local lad Aaron Johnston who was announced today as Oliver Solberg's co-driver for the forthcoming season. Nice to see a another Northern Ireland rally man on the international stage.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Seen that earlier, will lift some interest in the IRTC for sure.

Meanwhile, got a business trip in Cannes next week possibly, wonder if I can go out a couple of days earler to 'see the sights locally' ;)
Might be a hard sell with the Minister for Home Affairs right enough.. 8o|

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
and apparently BT Sport are showing all stages live including shakedown!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
and apparently BT Sport are showing all stages live including shakedown!

Cheers for this info, I had missed that BT were expanding their coverage! I was preparing to buy the all live pass but I'll give that a miss now I reckon!

Looks like Kris has got to grips with the Yaris anyway because if I'm reading the times right he currently tops the time sheets!