WRC 2019: All chat here

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
In fairness though he won the power stage last year in that dog of a Citroen. So there'll always be someone to doubt him. But the stage times did the talking yesterday too. Wholesale attitude shift in that he's actively enjoying it again.
Yeah, but this year TN and SO were both driving at eleven-tenths... but I agree, he proved himself yesterday for sure

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
a really solid debut in the yaris for kris, had the speed without the crashes. hopefully, we are seeing a new more mature KM who can have a good run in this year's championship.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Anyone who wants to win the championship will have finish ahead of Tanak, I think. Won every stage yesterday & most today.

Impressed by Ogier in his first outing in his new car, probably helped by the C3 being a great tarmac car plus the conditions being mostly dry.

Meeke drove a perfectly sensible rally, hopefully gets a clean run in Sweden.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Does anyone know which rallies Loeb is doing this year? I was reading he's got a 2 year contract?

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Loeb looked wrecked toward the end of the rally there. Understandable given his Dakar exploits then coming straight to Monte & trying to race a car he has little knowledge of.

Will be on the pace come later tarmac rounds.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
He had 1 day of testing on tarmac in the Hyundai and said himself he was shattered.

Still bloody impressive to be contending for a podium spot given the circumstances. I'd say he will be in full attack mode at the next event.

Meeke will be too, Toyota have got themselves fairly good start positions for Sweden, so maybe those wheel issues were a blessing in disguise!

Reactions: DC.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Did you try the redbull tv coverage? Watched it yesterday, it's very good

Got the app on the recommendations, downloaded the highlight shows for watching in work. Very handy!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Id be happy with a top 5 and coming out still being the second best toyota in the championship standings.
I work with one of his mechanics and he was saying they are very confident on him getting the win after his pace on Monte. If he hadn't had the punctures he'd have been up there.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
My bet would be him winning in Mexico with the help of road sweeping etc etc.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I work with one of his mechanics and he was saying they are very confident on him getting the win after his pace on Monte. If he hadn't had the punctures he'd have been up there.

I'd say that would be a very ambitious prediction, and would be way too much pressure for the team to but on him.
His record in Sweden isn't good.
Kris Meeke - Wikipedia