fergalmagee

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Quare tumble there for Neuville, hope all is okay.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The amount of energy dissipated with the rolling certainly helped as well compared to one big stop at that speed.

Thankfully spectators were far enough back too.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Had a very interesting discussion at the Ken Block test in Donegal yesterday.

2020 (if government can provide funding) or 2021 (Rally GB can move to Scotland for 2020) is a very likely possibility for the WRC to come here, with it returning on a 3 year cycle.

It will also be coming at a decent time of year too .... not the deepest darkest depths of November in a muckhole in Sligo like the last 2 times.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Had a very interesting discussion at the Ken Block test in Donegal yesterday.

2020 (if government can provide funding) or 2021 (Rally GB can move to wales for 2020) is a very likely possibility for the WRC to come here, with it returning on a 3 year cycle.

It will also be coming at a decent time of year too .... not the deepest darkest depths of November in a muckhole in Sligo like the last 2 times.
but with no national, hardly worth running an event that costs upwards of £2m for around 35 cars

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
but with no national, hardly worth running an event that costs upwards of £2m for around 35 cars

You probably know better than me, but It will be taking the place or running alongside an existing event.

I heard that the ITRC competitors will still be competing, but I’m only listening to rumours on the ditches.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
You probably know better than me, but It will be taking the place or running alongside an existing event.

I heard that the ITRC competitors will still be competing, but I’m only listening to rumours on the ditches.
There will be about 35 cars on the event MAX, and don't see how ITRC can run within this as most likely aren't FIA license holders.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo

I wonder which event - championship calendars are already being decided without the knowledge of a date from FIA. That's not to say things couldn't be changed but if for example WRC gets a date a week or even 2 weeks away from an existing rally, there will be uproar, especially if its a southern rally as they wont be getting a slice of the WRC pie......

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
There will be about 35 cars on the event MAX, and don't see how ITRC can run within this as most likely aren't FIA license holders.
Couldn't you run a National A alongside the International event? I cant recall how it worked back when CofI was part of ERC but it did and I imagine its was a similar issue

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yeah 100% Wales runs a National Rally alongside the WRC rally as do a great number of the WRC events - if you didn't do that it wouldn't make much sense financially!

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
1st stage on wrc deutschland on now on bt sport red button. as always on edge waiting and watching kris meeke ,hope its a clean rally for him.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Going by his stage end comments he’s driving to bring home points this weekend. Will hope to be ahead of Mikkelsen and maybe Neuville.

Tänak in a league of 1. Arguably the best driver on the planet this year.

Last edited: