WRC 2019: All chat here

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Between the wrc being a parcel of dung and the wrc2 car still having issues with wheels, you do have to wonder what the hell Citroen have been at for the past few years!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
and still Ogier is in with a shout of the championship, incredible competitor. A case of ‘what might have been’ if he had signed for Toyota when he had the chance.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Yea, theres a lot to be said for being clean through the stages and there or thereabouts on pace.

Must say that as much as it would be a shame to lose a team, I do struggle to find sympathy for Citroen, as Budar seems to be an utter p***k.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's great news for Kris!

Haven't really followed it at all this year as I can't find it on Freeview and can't be bothered trawling the net.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I see Sordo and Lappi late into the last time control obviously incurring a penalty, so Neuville and Ogier both gained a place there. Fair play.

Haven't really followed it at all this year as I can't find it on Freeview and can't be bothered trawling the net.

If you have bt sport it's all live on red button. I watched pretty much all the coverage yesterday and today, really getting my love for wrc back lately!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars

Www.redbull.tv it's all there.
An awesome result for Tommi and his team. A crucial podium for Kris...

Just catching up now on the highlights.

@svensktoppen it's real easy via the RedBull TV app on the firestick, putting this reply together has taken longer than finding Friday's highlights and pressing play!

IMG_20190825_210044.jpg

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There are only daily episodes on RBTV though, no highlight show at the end for the whole event? Too much to sit through the whole weekend's worth of coverage...

Will have a look at 5Spike.

Last edited:

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I watched the weekend round-up last night, it was not good coverage.
We were well into the show before they showed any rallying, and they only gave about 30 seconds to what happened on Friday and Saturday. Must have been aimed at people who had already watched the nightly reviews rather than people who were coming to it fresh.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Poor weekend for M-Sport unfortunately. Suninen showed good pace on both Saturday & Sunday but the electrical failure on SS2 killed all hope of a good result. Greensmith never really showed any pace, he’s probably best staying in the R5.

Really can’t see them attracting Tänak for next year.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Cannot warm to Greensmith at all. His "Kalle who" crap at stage end in Monte (I think) this year cemented that!

He's getting good practice in the wrc car, but agree he maybe needs more time in he r5, as difficult as it may be to go back to that level!

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
WRC2/Pro seems to be his level whereas you can see Kalle is above that. Hopefully Toyota give him a round or two next year.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
From my wrc sources text message I got earlier:
BREAKING NEWS : WRC Calendar 2020

Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Chile
Argentina
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Finland
Germany
New Zealand
Spain
Northern Ireland
Japan

Awaiting confirmation by FIA.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
From my wrc sources text message I got earlier:
BREAKING NEWS : WRC Calendar 2020

Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Chile
Argentina
Portugal
Sardinia
Kenya
Finland
Germany
New Zealand
Spain
Northern Ireland
Japan

Awaiting confirmation by FIA.

Hopefully that'll be true!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Likewise, I know they wanted to talk about return here but was shocked to see Kenya on list as well. We will see if this fake or real soon we can all hope

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Kenya, now that could be something special if it's anything like the safari rallies of old :cool:

Great to see NI in there too 👌

Like you say, just rumours until there's an official announcement.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
A lot of exciting stuff in on that list. Kenya, New Zealand, and Northern Ireland.
I hope we have Kris Meeke and Craig Breen in full time seats for next year, it will be brilliant to see them on their home event.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So having not watched this years events at all and being totally in the dark about what’s happening with drivers ,what’s the position for next year for Meeke.Is he guaranteed a seat for next season or is he trying to secure a drive for next season still .such a talented driver at times ,remember him from years ago locally here and his pace was exceptional at times .

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
That was being talked about during the power stage yesterday. Toyota have 3 drivers at present and obviously 3 seats. Ott Tanek is obviously in. Then there's Meeke and Latvala who can get good results but sometimes through misfortune or otherwise, can lose places and points.

The other factor is that Toyota announced in June there that Kalle Rovenpara is to drive for the team in 2020 so either they swap drivers about or someone gets dropped. It's not been announced as yet, in other words.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Tanak isn’t in…yet! His contract is up at the end of this year and he’s still deciding whether to stick with Toyota or twist and return to M-Sport where he spent several seasons.

I’d bet on him staying put as it’s a proven package, fastest driver in the championship and the most consistent. A lack of reliability is all that would force him to move.

As for Meeke, I’d say Tommi would like to retain him for another year at least. A better bet to bring home points than Latvala at the moment. Toyota were rumoured to be interested in Elfyn Evans for next year so who knows. All depends on what Tanak decides to do.

Last edited: