WRC 2020

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
WRC starts this evening in Monte Carlo.

Some big changes over the winter: New World Champion, Ott Tanak, has moved from Toyota to Manufacturers champions, Hyundai.

Citroen pulled out of the series altogether leaving drivers Seb Ogier and Esapekka Lappi on the driver market.

Ogier has replaced Tanak at Toyota. Toyota have a whole new lineup after dropping Kris Meeke and JM Latvala. They have signed Elfyn Evans and Kalle Rovanpera to partner Ogier.

M-Sport have signed Lappi to replace Evans and he will partner Teemu Suninen and Gus Greensmith.

Hyundai have a super team made up of Tanak and Thierry Neuville with Dani Sordo and Seb Loeb sharing the 3rd car throughout the year.

No drives, so far, for Craig Breen, Andreas Mikkelsen or Kris Meeke. JM Latvala is doing Sweden with the potential of more, maybe Sardinia and Finland.

Reactions: dub

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was disappointed there was no proper WRC stand at the Autosport show this year. Only new car there was the ford.

ED3BFBB5-25EE-45C3-A03E-12A567D90A1C.jpeg
3F4E57D0-EA2C-48F8-A3D3-0A1A9D8DA3E5.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
At least M-Sport change their livery up a bit from year-to-year. Toyota and Hyundai have ran the same one the past 3 years.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Mikkelson had photos up of him doing the recce for Monte Carlo so I assume he is doing the rally, I haven't investigated yet.

Edit: No he doesn't seem to be on the entry list.

Keep an eye out for local talent Aaron Johnston who is navigating for Oliver Solberg.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
After two stages last night Thierry Neuville leads in the Hyundai.

Poor start for M-Sport with all their cars suffering from overheating issues on SS1 due to leaves in the front radiator grille.

71A071E9-4881-434C-BC4B-90629859F14D.jpeg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Wonder will Greensmith be coming off with any "Kalle who?" at the stage end this year?

KevM

RMS Regular
Thats a big one for Tanak, seemed quite a strange off. Perhaps the Yaris and Hyundai handle that type of sequence quite differently and he was relying on grip that wasnt there?

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Not much left of the i20.

AD768309-AD71-4D33-985A-7433A3B4C5BB.jpeg
1E9E8528-A7F9-4BF2-8580-3886FBC59A2D.jpeg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Seemed like a couple of big compressions in the road just before. Crikey that's a biggie.

On the other hand, Greensmith with the talent...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Seemed like a couple of big compressions in the road just before. Crikey that's a biggie.

On the other hand, Greensmith with the talent...

:joy: easy done, enjoyed this response to it though!

Screenshot_20200124_101958_com.android.chrome.jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Really, dont see an issue with Ingram. At least he has the ability too.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Thats a big one for Tanak, seemed quite a strange off. Perhaps the Yaris and Hyundai handle that type of sequence quite differently and he was relying on grip that wasnt there?

Seems to bottom out just before

KevM

RMS Regular
Really, dont see an issue with Ingram. At least he has the ability too.

Total w*nker. I got into a bit of a debate with him on Twitter, over a Kris Meeke accident. He started messaging my wife and rang my work. And did he not create a new hole in a hedge near your house a few years back?

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Total w*nker. I got into a bit of a debate with him on Twitter, over a Kris Meeke accident. He started messaging my wife and rang my work. And did he not create a new hole in a hedge near your house a few years back?

Jesus, never knew that! Thats bad.

Nah, he had a big off a few years back on the COI in the twingo i think, but not near mine. The one near mine was Idris Elba straightlining the first corner on a stage!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Any news on Tanak and co-driver, big hit into the ground before a long tumble down a cliff.

They just walk out of it okay? Bar obviously damn sore and bruised etc

edit: seemed to miss the pictures of them standing and lying beside the car at first look

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Ah yes, that was my stage. I ended up fixing the hole myself too.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
disbelief at that Tanak accident. Haven't seen one quite that scary in a while.

Safe to say Greensmiths Monte isn't 'quite' panning out like last year :joy:

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
End of the first full day in Monte Carlo. Close battle between the top 3. Only a handful of seconds separated them all day and each one of them lead at one point.

Ogier and Evans must be delighted with their new cars, solid start for Team Tommi. After Tanak crashed Hyundai now need Loeb to finish to get valuable manufacturers points.

A rally to forget for M-Sport unfortunately.

1D23083E-CD04-4ADA-A8FC-7574AE989CB2.jpeg