WRC 2020

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Anyone else feel this rally should not have went ahead? Lack of proper snow and ice takes so much away from the event.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Nope, still an event.

More than the top 5 competing, albeit a poor one.

Last edited:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

Thread resurrection.

So after an eventful Rally Turkey this is how the championship shapes up.

_20200928_113636.JPG

When was the last time a British driver was leading the championship? 🤷🏻‍♂️

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Richard Burns? Don’t think Kris Meeke ever led it.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Does Red Bull TV still have the highlights etc?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Does Red Bull TV still have the highlights etc?
Not sure about RBTV, but the power stages and daily highlights are on BT sport and ITV4 shows the weekend highlights. Rally Turkey is available on the ITV hub for 2 more days if you can squeeze it in.

Reactions: dub

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Terrible event to end a season with and it looks almost amateurish the way they are running about looking for snow tyres at the last moment.

Typical FIA/WRC of late.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mountain stages today were better. Incredible how treacherous they looked and no surprise to see so many incidents.
Evans said he thought he was going too slow through the stage even though he was fastest at the first split.

Tanak must be having second thoughts about his decision to leave Toyota but he’s had an off year so maybe next year the real Ött will return.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Yea, last I was watching it, it looked like the car was giving bother for Tanak.

Yea, I missed the stages yesterday, but it did look like a targa rally in bits!

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Tanak said yesterday he hoped the stages today would be more interesting 😆

Roll on next year 😀

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
You know what, that power stage was fantastic, much, much better than most of the spectator stage nonsense.

I hope the future calendars for WRC get smaller events like this and Estonia thrown in the mix.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Not sure the drivers would want to compete too much on stages like that, maybe with better weather but doubt they’ll look back with fondness to Monza WRC.

Nice to see Takamoto Katsuta get his stage win too. He’s improving.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
A lot of facebook comments mention Neuville going to M-sport, but I haven't seen that anywhere official, or even official rumour.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Really didn’t like this event. Thought it was like day 1 of the RAC of old. Mickey Mouse stages that do more harm than good. Stages in the mountains looked great however- very Monte-esque as was mentioned on the coverage.
I was disappointed that the organizers decided to cancel the last mountain stage on Saturday - I understand it was treacherous but that’s what makes rallying interesting to me. Seeing who can drive slow enough to keep the car in one piece but fast enough to eek out some time.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Really didn’t like this event. Thought it was like day 1 of the RAC of old. Mickey Mouse stages that do more harm than good. Stages in the mountains looked great however- very Monte-esque as was mentioned on the coverage.
I was disappointed that the organizers decided to cancel the last mountain stage on Saturday - I understand it was treacherous but that’s what makes rallying interesting to me. Seeing who can drive slow enough to keep the car in one piece but fast enough to eek out some time.
I would be very much in agreement with you in that stages should sort the men from the boys.... but.... there are often other considerations at play. Can marshals get to their point in the stage safely? And also, in the event of an accident, can emergency vehicles get to and then away from the scene safely and quickly. The safety of everyone at a rally is the responsibility of the organizers and they can and 100% do get taken to court when things go wrong.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nail on the head there, @swansty. Similar to F1 when they have low cloud and the medical helicopter can’t fly they red flag the session.