WRC 2021

KevM

RMS Regular
If it comes to NI, it will only ever be once, and that's likely to be next year.

Stormont will need to lump out something in the region of £3m to make it happen. The return of investment not even worth talking about when compared to golf and road racing.

The sums to get such investment is clearly done by someone with a broken calculator.

I also heard its highly unlikely to have a national event running aside it, meaning a very low number of entries.
It has no hope now that Arlene is going.

She was big mates with Jennings & her calculator was broken 👀😂

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
It has no hope now that Arlene is going.

She was big mates with Jennings & her calculator was broken 👀😂
I fear you could be correct. But, I hope it happens l for the sake of Bobby Willis, who has dedicated the last ten years of his life to making it happen.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Watched a lot of the Ypres coverage from the weekend and saw a lot of people standing in very silly places unfortunately. The Katsuta accident was very fortunate for a few of them including this cameraman. The camerawork and picture quality is top notch too.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Watched a lot of the Ypres coverage from the weekend and saw a lot of people standing in very silly places unfortunately. The Katsuta accident was very fortunate for a few of them including this cameraman. The camerawork and picture quality is top notch too.

A friend of mine went to Ypres to do photographs in 2018. They were using helicopters to essentially blow people standing in stupid places away 😂. Sort of place is that flat and open there seem to be more bad places to stand than good!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
See the bloke following the Hyundai out of the junction at the end was walking like someone who had already soiled themselves....
WRC ejit.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He’s not performed at all this season. In both the WR car and the R5 car.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Have any of the Ford guys performed this year? Greensmith is still a bit rubbish. Maybe Fourmaux sort of.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
He’s not performed at all this season. In both the WR car and the R5 car.
The way it was worded he decided to leave but maybe that was part of the agreement to let him make the announcement.

Reactions: DC.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yup, saw that Leob is looking like being involved in the hybrid puma for next year, didn't see that it may involve appearances this year but since their season is in the toilet anyway, will do no harm. Be good craic to see Leob out again tbh, he's as cool as frig. Him an Delecour both are some of my favourite drivers, those 306's are bloody class too. :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't be many manufacturers able to develop and run those hybrid powertrains. It will be like F1, a couple of top teams supplying everyone, and running in a different league themselves...

Do we know who else is developing their own hybrid powertrains?

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Can't be many manufacturers able to develop and run those hybrid powertrains. It will be like F1, a couple of top teams supplying everyone, and running in a different league themselves...

I'll ask him when i'm back on Sunday. Toyota already have hybrid tech so i'm guessing it's there own.

Same as the Ford Puma WRC hybrid

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I believe the hybrid system of the new 2022 regulations is provided by an outside company so that part isn’t developed by either Toyota, Hyundai or M-Sport Ford. Each of them will have to engineer it to fit into their new cars and make it reliable. Keeping it cool is the biggest hurdle.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I believe the hybrid system of the new 2022 regulations is provided by an outside company so that part isn’t developed by either Toyota, Hyundai or M-Sport Ford. Each of them will have to engineer it to fit into their new cars and make it reliable. Keeping it cool is the biggest hurdle.
Now you mention that's what Sam had said, they have no control over the power unit other than how it engages/disengages from the drivetrain.

In line with the sport’s drive towards new technology and sustainable energy, the next-generation of top category WRC cars will feature a state-of-the-art plug-in hybrid unit, developed by Compact Dynamics.

Reactions: DC.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Cooling is the biggest issue with getting the maximum out of any EV powertrain. My recent EV aircraft experience was an eye opener, the thing could only maintain hover for a very short time in a flight cycle without overheating or drastically effecting range.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A standardised drive train makes sense, only way to maintain some sort of level playing field and not end up in the place F1 is.

Still won't be cheap I guess, never mind the cost of and developing expertise about how to build a car around it and get the best out of it?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
The body panels from Colin McRae’s crash in rally Wales 2001 are up for auction.
The description by Henry Catchpole and Nicky Grist is worth a read.
15K winning bid? :joy::joy::joy:
What has happened to the world

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
15K winning bid? :joy::joy::joy:
What has happened to the world
It's a very specific piece of motorsport history from one of the iconic moments of WRC. Always going to have value and someone well heeled enough to pay what it takes to get it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
To be honest, in today's crazy covid-money fuelled markets, I would have expected another zero on that... 🙈