WRC 2021

KevM

RMS Regular
How awesome would that be up on the wall of a proper multi-car garage, bar or mancave? Cool as F

ShaunB

RMS Regular
It's a very specific piece of motorsport history from one of the iconic moments of WRC. Always going to have value and someone well heeled enough to pay what it takes to get it.
Its scrap metal

ShaunB

RMS Regular
How awesome would that be up on the wall of a proper multi-car garage, bar or mancave? Cool as F
I'd be confident you could easily make your own one, auld scrap door or something from an old ford focus, preferably white, and get some stickers from the bay of dreams :joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You could also paint your own Mona Lisa and stick that on Ebay, lol :joy:

Something like this is obviously only worth something if there is some sort of credible and documented provenance. Otherwise it is indeed just scrap metal.

The amount of stuff coming up for auction at the moment with random claims of provenance, or claims of "NOS" for clearly used parts, etc.

Up to the buyer and the seller at the end of the day. If both are happy then happy days.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
People spend money on Terry Bradley prints etc. Id rather have the bonnet, doors and bootlid from McRaes focus from that rally than some gash prints to be honest.

It wouldn't be the same to make your own, they wouldn't be the articles from the wrc car.

KevM

RMS Regular
I'd be confident you could easily make your own one, auld scrap door or something from an old ford focus, preferably white, and get some stickers from the bay of dreams :joy:

I hear ShaunB's entered the Donegal Rally next year in a Genuine, ex-works Prodrive S12b WRC car....

1630581325166.png

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Ive a friend with a signed alloy off McRae’s Subaru. He got a puncture at one of the rallies over here and wrecked the rim and then my friend pestered them at service for it until they gave it to him.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Saw that earlier, fair play, he has put in the work to save his career over the last few years since Citroen sh1t on everyone involved with their programme.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
By the sounds of it, M-Sport have put all of their efforts into the hybrid car this year and have a skeleton team running the current WRC cars. No testing prior to Finland for example. It's probably the only way they can get the budget from Ford tbh but I guess they have to play the game with the situation they have in front of them.

KevM

RMS Regular
I hope he enjoyed the bubbles at Finland. They could be his last....

To be fair, to just show up part-time and set the times he does, speaks volumes for his talent. He deserves a good run at it.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It also will be the first time in a while they haven't had a fairly poor or inexperienced driver.

I see Oliver Solberg has signed for Hyundai too sharing with Dani Sordo.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Plus I think Lappi sharing with Ogier will be announced soon too.