davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
D2FCA104-F1DB-4256-9552-D27976D058E9.jpeg

The number placement on the Yaris šŸ™ˆ

Nearly as bad looking as the electric cooling intake.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Seems to have been Motorsport UK that pulled the plug on it and sent a letter to the investors saying they were ā€œunable to proceedā€. Sounds like they donā€™t want the rally outside the mainland, possibly scared they wonā€™t get it back.

For once, it seems like itā€™s not our ramshackle politicians who are directly at fault.

On the plus side, it will probably be Ypres that gets the slot instead.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I'd read it the other way.
Motorsport UK know how long it takes to organise a WRC event so pulled the plug when time got too short.
Our politicians dragged their feet for so long they missed the deadline.

Maybe it will give them a hurry up the next time funding is requested.

If NI want the rally in 2023 the funding needs put in place now so that things can be planned.
Even trying to make space for it in the local motorsport calendar needs organised way ahead of time.
All events around the date need to be shuffled so that enough marshals and emergency crews can be made available.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Reading another article, it appears M-UK pulled the plug because the decision on funding was still 'being considered' at a time point where the commitment already needed to be in place. I'm sure it's way more complicated than that but I'm sure it's a combination of the aforementioned ramshackle bunch of idiots and the 'ner-ne-ner, situatun' over the last two years.

Edit: beat me to it ^^

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I'd read it the other way.
Motorsport UK know how long it takes to organise a WRC event so pulled the plug when time got too short.
Our politicians dragged their feet for so long they missed the deadline.

Maybe it will give them a hurry up the next time funding is requested.

If NI want the rally in 2023 the funding needs put in place now so that things can be planned.
Even trying to make space for it in the local motorsport calendar needs organised way ahead of time.
All events around the date need to be shuffled so that enough marshals and emergency crews can be made available.
It is fully organised though AFAIKā€¦.. even as far as sponsors, logistics and consulting with residents. The stages are known even down to the details of the Power Stage. The Motorsport Ireland and Northern Ireland motorsport calendars even have it included in their programme for this year.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve heard anyway.

When it comes to world rallies with government and FIA backing things seem to move very quickly compared to local rallies. Ypres and Monza were both organised at ridiculously short notice this past 2 years. Monza (1 day at the track and 2 days on public roads in the mountains) was organised in a month when Japan was cancelled. Ypres will probably be the replacement for Rally NI and will be organised by August.
The number doesn't pay them sponsorship money.

Must be temporary as it's in the blue book the space that is required to be sponsor clear for door plates.
D154C78A-7958-4F8D-BF2F-EA95FD721F97.jpeg

Doorplates look to be carrying ā€œHYā€ this year.

I still think itā€™s a **** place for the number šŸ¤£.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably can't be inside the car due to potential fire from the hybrid unit, shock oil feeding the fire etc due to alloy reservoir.
When they were having issues with the li-on batteries on the 777, they had to make a 6mm thick stainless steel box / chute to house them so a carbon box ain't gonna last long lol.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably something like E85.

Loeb has just posted fastest time in shakedown so far. lol, class!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Iā€™d be surprised if Loeb is challenging for the win. Ogier is the man to beat.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, the whole thing could be quite open but Ogier is still the current champ for a good reason.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Championship is a different story as neither Seb is doing enough rounds.

Toss up between Evans, Neuville, Tanak & Breen.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Iā€™d be surprised if Loeb is challenging for the win. Ogier is the man to beat.
I said the same thing about him in 2018 for his Citroen return yet he was challenging in Mexico until the false puncture incident and in Corisca was on rally/stage winning pace after his early crash. Also given he's been involved in the development on the Puma therefore it should be towards his driving style (unlike the Hyundai), I wouldn't be ruling him out just yet

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Loeb is something else. Not long back from the Dakar and heā€™s right on it with the new generation of World Rally Car.

I wish he had signed for M-Sport long before this however.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
He's cool as fk, saw him in 2020 doing a load of tricks on a trials bike around his gaff when he was locked down. Also him and Frankie Delecour having a 306 Maxi each to rally for the craic. He just loves driving and you've got to respect that, it's that love for driving that has kept him at the sharp end.