WRC 2023

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
With Monte Carlo and the start of the 2023 season fast approaching the test videos have appeared this week.

Ogier:

Tänak:

Sordo:

KevM

RMS Regular
The Puma looks a bit more hooked up on the front axle in the test vids. It might actually work this year lol

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
At least we’ll know what it can really do this year with Tänak behind the wheel.

Unfortunately I think M-Sport will get out-developed by Toyota and Hyundai.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Was still a rally winning car last year too!

But yea, without full factory backing it'll still be a battle for development. Saying that MSport with Ogier managed it not that long ago.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
M-Sport have the biggest global customer base for selling new cars and parts too. Surely, with a 2nd & 3rd driver bringing a purse to the Rally 1 drive, as a company they'd possibly have a similar budget to Toyota?

Hyundai have Korean money as well as a good share in Rally2 sales, i i'd guess have the biggest chance to spend on development.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
At the end of the day M-Sport are a privateer team with some manufacturer help whereas Toyota are one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world. M-Sport could barely afford to test before rallies last year never mind anything else.

Tänak won’t be long finding out the limitations of the car so will be up to M-Sport to put it right.

I’d love to see Tänak win often and he’ll be the one I’ll watching as the stagetimes roll in.

KevM

RMS Regular
I think the mix of M-Sport team pressure, budget constraints and over-driving to keep up with the 'big two', have the ability to make any driver (Ogier aside) a bit 'crashy' lol.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I don’t think Tänak will worry about team pressure. It’s wins he’s after for himself.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I don't think any of the above would've made a difference on Greensmiths ability to stack a car tbh 😂

Breen, we shall see with Hyundai again, albeit a limited programme. Fourmaux was disappointing last year too.

Loeb was the only one who was convincing in that car, but then again he's the best (in my opinion).

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Tanak has a big point to prove, he was great to watch last year chasing Kale for the title but the car wasn't there with him.
Being a world champ, he has the confidence in himself and the previous relationship with M-Sport to get things going in the right direction. Lets face it, the future of M-Sport is very important to rallying as there really wouldn't be a viable manufacturers championship without them. (Only 2 manufacturers..)

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Tanak in Finland last year was sensational.
The car was horrible and he able to drive it on the very ragged edge.

If M-Sport are fully dedicated to making the Puma handle just how he wants it to then he will be a very difficult man to beat.

I think Ogier will win in Monte Carlo.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I had no issues which is surprising as everyone else’s seem to crash at the same time as Neuville did.

Ogier is a BOSS

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
There's been a few spills on the stages...

IMG-20230120-WA0005.jpg