Wrong car details under Reg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy_09

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford focus 1.8
When checking insurance prices of a dealer car I was thinking of buying, it brought up the wrong details when I entered the reg. Tryed a few websites and the RAC and all bring up the model of car. Asked the dealer and they said they noticed it as well and I just need to inform the tax office. Any other way of checking, or is this a common mistake?

Bryan

RMS Regular
They managed to get the details wrong on three of the tax books for our vans... different models, different engines.... someone must have been drunk that day.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
common mistake especially if the car reg number has changed. It may have been cherished plate and transferred etc. Try www.uk.experian.com and see if they have the right details you prob have to pay a couple of £ for their search but tells you everything.

smyth

RMS Regular
Drives
172 cup
seems common. my logbook states my cup in a 1.4diesel (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.