Wrong date on speeding ticket?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

steviestdi

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora&Impreza sti
i got caught speeding in saturday.

I just noticed today the wrong date is on it. Says 22nd not the 23rd. Does that cause issues? Can I appeal that?

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
i got caught speeding in saturday.

I just noticed today the wrong date is on it. Says 22nd not the 23rd. Does that cause issues? Can I appeal that?

I had exactly the same thing several years ago.
My solicitor contacted the cops fixed penalty office but they said that although it was an admin error it did not invalidate the ticket.
I took it to court and lost my case, £350 and 3 points for 49 in a 30.
The magistrate asked me straight if I had committed the offence NOT if the date was incorrect.
He asked if the police stopped and processed me for excess speed regardless of the date being mixed up.
My solicitor put up a good case but I got convicted.

Worth a try but the fine plus solicitor fees cost me over £600

Sort of wish I had just paid the ticket in the first instant

scub

Banned
My solicitor contacted the cops fixed penalty office but they said that although it was an admin error it did not invalidate the ticket.
The magistrate asked me straight if I had committed the offence NOT if the date was incorrect.
He asked if the police stopped and processed me for excess speed regardless of the date being mixed up.

a harsh dose of reality there haha

brendy

RMS Regular

Ouch, I can imagine the Judge asking, very hard to avoid giving him the answer he knows is coming though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Given it's an easy job to get basic facts correct....if they've made errors like that on the ticket, it would be impossible to believe they've got any other details correct...like vehicle, person, speed claimed etc.

So the ticket should absolutely be null and void. Sadly the legal system allows all sorts of basic facts to be incorrect with motoring laws and you still get done.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Common sense dictates that humans make mistakes some times, it's part of what makes them human. Getting the date wrong because you might have something else playing on your mind is not worthy of getting out of a speeding ticket, IMO. It certainly doesn't mean it's "impossible to believe they've got any other details correct".

As mentioned - if you were straight up asked - were you speeding when you were caught on *correct date*, common sense should come into play.

Ghost

RMS Regular
The ticket will be reissued with the correct date. Nothing more nothing less.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.