Wrong wheel pcd on alloys from manufacturers?

paddy1976

RMS Member
Drives
Golf r
Hi all and thanks for the ad,
Quick wheel question, I bought a set of 5x112 for a golf r, seller had rhem on an audi a4, showed me pics etc of them on , they hadn't got wheel adaptors etc, I never even checked the pcd when I got there as I'd seen the pics of the wheels on her car and they were advertised as 5x112 ,anyway I got home and started cleaning them, noticed they were 5x120 bmw fitment, got onto the girl and she told me she got them off gh in Crumlin, I phoned him and he said they are 100% 112s, and fitted straight on with no adaptors! So I phoned tyre safety centre the guys there said its a common mistake with alloys being cast the wrong pcd , gonna try them on tomorow to see if they fit, just wondering did anyone else hear of this or have the same problem ? Thanks in advance

paddy1976

RMS Member
OP
paddy1976
Drives
Golf r
No
If they are cheap replica wheels they could be stamped with anything 😂

Just try one on!
Trying one on in the morning, not rep's they're ava wheels , tyre safety center says its common but that's the 1st I've heard of it

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
To be fair, my original bmw 19's were stamped with both ferric grey and orbit grey lettering!
Prob saving costs in manufacturing.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
If they were on an A4 and you're sure it wasn't using adapters then either the hubs of the A4 have been redrilled (unlikely for a set of AVA wheels) or they are actually 5x112 and you're phoning around and worrying over nothing.

Stick a tape or rule across the back of them and measure even. You'll know roughly to look at them. Or just try them on like you say

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
I've seen reps with holes drilled off centre, no holes at all, one wheel with wrong centre bore, no valve holes.

Measure them, if you want to make sure draw a 112mm circle on some paper (or there are templates you can download)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
My Bola wheels were marked something on the PCD...but it was not what my custom order actually was. Can't recall exactly what it said, maybe 5x100 or something, but they were what I ordered which was 5x112.

Just generic castings they drill to order before sending out

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20221201_020146_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

These were genuine Rays Eng wheels too

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
honestly, i was raging. would have been perfect for s14a.

i posted them the day before heading off on our honeymoon and all this happened while i was in Oz and NZ and the funds hadn't cleared into paypal

Did you loose the wheels and the money 😲

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Is there any reliable sites for telling you the OEM pcd spec of your car ?

Mine seems to be in a cross over stage and havnt taken the wheel off to check.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5