wrote it off

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
VEN©M said:
hit a goat once

my dad, back in the day, once hit 3sheep at once in a van lol

he was fine but neither the van or sheep were able to work afterwards!

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
I kinda ran into the back of a woman reversing back down the onslip to the M1 citybound at Sprucefield (just before a you go under the bridge) i slammed on the breaks and skidded in silence (it was wet) on full lock. I ended up wedged between her driver door and the central armco.... and couldnt get out. When i asked her what she was doing in reverse she said..."was i in reverse"

Couldnt believe it!

The cops took over an hour to turn up (with me climbing out the sunroof..not easy when your 18 stone!) and the cop said it was 50/50 cos there was 2 people in her car and only me in mine!
What a **** eh!
Moral of the story...drive a car with ABS. And avoid DI<KHEAD women drivers......that doesnt pply to the girls on this site.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
no crashes yet, but nearly went into the back on an audi a4 on thursday in the wet...thank f**k for abs

Dermot

BigJoe said:
Moral of the story...drive a car with ABS.

hmmmm, naw... if you had of had ABS the car wouldnt have even started stopping .. Although you would have bee able too steer...

Best thing to do if you lock up is get off the brakes and on them again...
ABS Sucks in the Wet,Icy or anyway slippy roads.

gerard

RMS Regular
had a run in wif a badger one nite i won though it got the last laugh after needing a new front end, suppose it could have been worse if the badger survived and walked away.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Dermot said:

i agree, in the snow its just pointless, feels like uve no brakes at all

Dermot

SteveZetecS said:
Dermot said:

i agree, in the snow its just pointless, feels like uve no brakes at all

Same at slippy junctions ... I Had straight gone though a few just because of ABS .... So I now pull the fuse out on every car I have.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
i have been tempted to pull the fuse but just scared incase i f**ked things up.

the abs in the dry is awsome, my car stops rapidly

Emmy

wrote off my mums car about a month after i passed my test (oops) was driving tired not the best thing to do and hit an old ladies car, there was damage to the front left of the engine only a few hundred quid but coz it was only an AX it wasnt worth much and not worth the hassel of repair cos my mum had had quite a few bumps in it before and it was just baad luck, never buy a dark green car again ever!

errigle

RMS Regular
Wrote of my red coupé when she was only 9months old

drunken 16y/o in a 'runabout' being chased by the police, so he'd no licience, no insurance or tax, and was carrying a butchers knife with him

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
gerard said:
had a run in wif a badger one nite i won though it got the last laugh after needing a new front end, suppose it could have been worse if the badger survived and walked away.

It did kill your bumper didn't it?

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Only one, was a scrappy chevette estate. Handbraked it in the snow going a tad to quick and hit a kerb shifting the whole axel across jamming the wheel against the arch. :oops:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
no right off as yet thankfully, but reversed the KA into a bloody H iron holding up the roof of a petrol station once !

errigle

RMS Regular
Emmy said:
yikes did you get any sort of claim out of that because the other driver wasnt insured?

It was 1 1/2 years ago, my insurance paid ot for my new car and then they had to get it back of the MIB (Motor Insurance Bereau)

Still waiting on my claim although one of my passengers just settled his, government takes ages to sort it out

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
7 crashes one was my fault, all the other I was a passanger, mine was the worst but it did teach me to slow down, especially after 2 weeks in hospital and broken coxis(sp) ooh the pain ooh the memories, Insurance would not pay out so I am just finished paying for the car (a Baleno) and I wrecked her on 27th December 1999, had to sign my self out of hospital to go to y2k celebrations that ended up to be **** LOL.

gerard

RMS Regular
Graham said:
no right off as yet thankfully, but reversed the KA into a bloody H iron holding up the roof of a petrol station once !

jus like drivin a bus aint it !!

yeah bumper got it aswell but i could have been fixed i think

Pocket_rocket

my beloved 106 met an untimly death over a year back. into the back of a punto at high speed. i was 10 ft behind him overtaking on a carrigeway and he wanted into my lane. no indicators at all. just moved out. OH SH1T BANG. he was doing 30 i was going .... faster. lots faster.
70 year old drivers need taken off the road in my opinion.
going to court tho in a few months time. police are on my side so it should not take long to sort out

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
hit a wall with my micra.....brakes and steering broke hence y i could do fook all

was lucky

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
errigle said:
Wrote of my red coupé when she was only 9months old

drunken 16y/o in a 'runabout' being chased by the police, so he'd no licience, no insurance or tax, and was carrying a butchers knife with him

yup your a tv star phil :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.