Xsara or MG ZR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
I have had 3 k-series engines and not 1 has ever gave bother(and they've all been thrashed). Fair enough they give bother if they overheat, cos they're all alloy. Use good coolant in them and stick in a cooler opening thermostat.

Whippit

OP
W
Drives
MG ZR
Have to take it up to the roll'in rd and get confirmation but have been told its been tunned up to 140 BHP but i can't get hold of last owner to check .

Whippit

OP
W
Drives
MG ZR
The guy said it was "tweeked" something to do with the electriconics maybe a chip or something but a chip would add more than 20bhp ????? dunno but if its not it will be in a month's time going for the 200+ club with this one .

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
You can't chip a k-series ECU. Only thing available is a Superchips ICON, and this does feck all for them. If its a 1.8 K-series you'll need throttle bodies or a turbo to see 200 bhp. Best to stick on a VVC inlet manifold and throttle body, get a good 4-branch and de-catted system, and they respond well to a good induction kit and cold air feed. I got over 130bhp out of the 1.8 Metro with very little mods(118bhp standard)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.