Yamaha FZR 400 - Sold

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Sold to someone with more interest than me in this. (y)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
shes a looker alright lol... good base to work with mind you.
I have the fairing but the last guy took bits off to see what was inside, but he promised me he hadn't messed with the motor.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Just found out it's possibly a 400, I haven't looked at since yesterday. Seems they are quite rare but I need my 500 out and this in so I can check it over.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Today I spent a few hours tinkering and hooked up a battery and she started :grinning: very happy.
Next job to fix the clutch and then sort the beautiful bodywork +o(

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
I think its a 400 but so far I haven't found a stamp on the engine. The last owner thinks it is a 600. Looks and feels very small.
Look up the reg number,looks like a 400,i have one myself,i could do with a set of downpipes,great wee bike they love to rev. What's your plans for it?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Look up the reg number,looks like a 400,i have one myself,i could do with a set of downpipes,great wee bike they love to rev. What's your plans for it?
The v5 says its a 400 but that last owner changed it from a 600 to a 400 - who knows :grinning: .
I have a gpz750 hopefully get it next week so the 400/600 will be sold once I fix the clutch.
It is too small for me as I am 6'4"

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
The v5 says its a 400 but that last owner changed it from a 600 to a 400 - who knows :grinning: .
I have a gpz750 hopefully get it next week so the 400/600 will be sold once I fix the clutch.
It is too small for me as I am 6'4"
Always liked the gpzs have a 500gpz. Your 750gpz looks a good bike. Pm me a price for your 600/400 Yamaha :p what's the problem with clutch?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Always liked the gpzs have a 500gpz. Your 750gpz looks a good bike. Pm me a price for your 600/400 Yamaha :p what's the problem with clutch?
It needs a new cable, I have one on order. I will pm you a number. (y)

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Spent a few days tidying, re-wiring and fixed an oil leak, she is starting to look much better.

I have bought an original FZR seat cowl that should look better than whats on it.

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Quick update, replaced the clutch handlebar assembly and the clutch is now fixed. Last owner had fitted the wrong lever.
I bought the wrong seat cowl so its back to the black one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.