Yamaha YZF600r thundercat

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RyanKKM

RMS Member
Drives
sti subaru
have got this bike a while now,
its 98, 23k, and really clean!
few extras like scorpion can, crash bungs, dark screen, new brake and clutch lever,
carbon mudguard, its never been dropped and there's not a mark on her!
have had it up for sale but cant get a buyer,
is it just the time of year or am i looking too much? had it advertised for £1500
011-15.jpg

001-29.jpg

005-27.jpg

006-16.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Nice wee bike there Ryan.

This is a terrible time of year to be selling a bike though.

I don't think it's overpriced to be fair. It has quite a few nice extras.

Advertise it everywhere a few weeks before the NW200 with ONO on the ad.

It's bound to shift then.

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
priced a wee bit high if your getting cash waved in your face,,£1100 -£1200
some clean R6's fresher sitting around for 1500-1600.
ya need more details (prob have in your ad), service work, tyre brand & miles on them,. chain and sprocket condition, if it's scrap chain,, just say so. i'd rather buy a bike and fit a good set of sprockets,, than someone fit cheap crap and do no miles or rip through the box. and ya can get some ejit services it themselves with tesco pish oil,, and they call that a good service.

and consider the full mot,, it's so easy on a bike, but it can miss out on that call.
just something about the fact that someone has put in the effort gets the sale.

most people sell with 4 months remaining MOT, because they see money sometime soon is needed for maintenance that outweigh keeping it and paying and getting the value out of it.. . yet ya know it is ok right now.

bit like buying a 92 diversion for £200 and putting £600 parts into it (is it really worth it?)

personally i'v never bought a bike because of lows and highs in the so-called bike season,
purely bought on what i want, and the cash in my pocket at the time. nothing else.
if its a dog or due big money in 3 months, i walk.

bought a few with no mot for cheap, usually from someone skint and stupid,,generally the wife is pregnant and the lid and gloves are included. lol easy target.

just some things for you to think about, nice wee bike, but i;m on the look for a UK zzr1400 in orange, sitting in some old fellas shed with 4k miles on it. :laughing:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
i wouldnt pay more than 1200 for any thundercat and 1000 for most of them

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
thats like buying a bike with bald tyres and needs a service and carbs balanced, chain and braked scrap.
down to whats been put into it, maintenance, service history, condition.
some people buy a bike and £3k of extras,, 5 years later they want a bit less for the bike but still add the £3k of extras to the price,,

standard all the way. that way i'v nothing to add to my insurance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.