Yellow lights

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I recently got a set of amber fog lights for my civic and i love the colour of the light that comes of them. I then seen a set of yellow buld covers that go over my h4 bulb to give a light output similar to the fog lights. Just wondering if these would be legal or not. I know that some of the older cars have yellow lights but not sure if these would be exempt due to their age and the fact they came standard with that type of light. I heard somewhere that any other type of light at the front of the car other than white was illegal.

Any help is much appreciated

img20007sx1.jpg

2091827_2_full1.jpg

yellow_fog1.jpg

DSC01235-1.jpg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yellow headlights are illegal lads, they are also totally crap for any decent vision on the road at night (n)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Hmmmm, i was always under the impression that any forward facing driving lamp must be white in colour and fogs could be white or yellow (due to an old fiasco with cops and me years ago)...

But after having a wee google theres things about if the yellow light :confounded: Most of it referred to bikes mind, but maybe one of the 5-0 on here could enlighten us to better knowledge???

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
My uncle is an MOT tester and says that yellow fog lights are not illegal but I don't know about headlights. I do know that the visibility off yellow headlights is **** though.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice one... how would someone go about yellowing their fogs? :p

I've always wanted to do this but thought it illegal.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
just paint the bulbs yellow or the reflective bit around the bulbs, think that's the way they are in the teg?

eamon343

RMS Regular
Was looking into the legality of this myself but could never find an answer, so done it anyway (y) My theory was it was only the full beam spotlights and alot of mk2 golfs dont have them, so what difference does it make if mine are yellow ;)

btw yellow lights rock :cool: As demonstrated by dubber there (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.