Yes surprise, another breadvan - EP3 Civic Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

slag

RMS Regular
I've had this for a while now, she's fairly standard. Anyway here's a few photos.

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

Don't worry, the red wheel nuts are in the bin! Following an incident with the air gun!

Ruth

RMS Regular
Was gonna ask if you had those red nuts on the other night cos i never noticed them :oops: Looks good! :grinning:

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
Looks very clean. Nice wheels, they suit it.

Cheers, it's not bad for 10, although silver does hide a multitude of sins! The wheels are only reps unfortunately! (y)

Was gonna ask if you had those red nuts on the other night cos i never noticed them :oops: Looks good! :grinning:

Thanks Ruth, nah they turned pink after a while and then got shredded to bits (thank FK!)! You know I'm a bit of a magpie like! :p

DSCF00047.jpg

DSCF00025.jpg

Gemma

RMS Regular
why the change andy... what happened to the other type r?

looks nice :grinning:

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
Cheers Gemma, you're funny lol! Yes, I know it was a bit of a sh1tbox when I got it! :p

How's the M3 treating you? All these M3's are making me feel left out! :worried:

Gemma

RMS Regular
lol no i was being serious,and wasnt slaggin by asking why did you sell the other one

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
What have you been smokin lol? :confounded: It's the same one, for sure!

Gemma

RMS Regular
oooooo:confounded:OOOOOOOO, did you hear the penny drop!!! LMFAO haha dear god.... from your thread title, i assumed you got another type r just, thats all lol

Ruth

RMS Regular
you fail gemma lol! Sure i had 2 sets of red rays wheel nuts on the yaris, both turned pink, hence the blue. Cant be bothered with that now too old :p

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
oooooo:confounded:OOOOOOOO, did you hear the penny drop!!! LMFAO haha dear god.... from your thread title, i assumed you got another type r just, thats all lol

Can you get me some of that shizz you are on? please? :p

you fail gemma lol! Sure i had 2 sets of red rays wheel nuts on the yaris, both turned pink, hence the blue. Cant be bothered with that now too old :p

Yea, you would think that after years of covering my bikes in tacky red anodised crap that I'd wise up too! What age are we now Ruth? :p:p

I give the arches a bit of a wash and fitted the standard wheels for winter. Bring on the cold stuff!

DSCF00038.jpg

DSCF00026.jpg

DSCF00082-1.jpg

DSCF00074.jpg

I dunno if 'Jinyu' tyres suck or not yet. But I'll take a chance on them. (y)

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
Some other boring maintenance related stuff that happened..

The brakes were a mess, so 2 front calipers, Mintex discs & pads (replaced pads with Brembo shortly after this), HKS braided hoses and fresh brake fluid.

DSCF00032.jpg

Next up was the zorst, a full DC Sports exhaust and Injen CAI were already fitted, proper ear bleeder.

DSCF0034.jpg

When I first got the car it ran great, for about 3 days! :p

Then she started cutting out and ran lean, the manifold had a bust (and badly fitted) flexi and blow outs all over the rest of system, so we removed it.

DSCF00024.jpg

I left the exhaust with a mate for repairs! (y)

DSCF00046.jpg

DSCF00033.jpg

In the meantime I picked up a standard exhaust and tidied it up.

DSCF00015.jpg

DSCF00014.jpg

Also had her ran on the diagnostics and she needed 2 lambda sensors.

DSCF00023.jpg

Back to standard, no more bean can or police harassment. ;)

DSCF00017.jpg

BrianM

RMS Regular
Drives
07 Honda S2k
Definitely prefer the pre facelifts pal. Looks in good order, keep it that way ;)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
looks good, you should definitely consider upgrading to the facelift lights all round

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
Definitely prefer the pre facelifts pal. Looks in good order, keep it that way ;)

Cheers dude, yeah I prefer PFL too. Although most would disagree and say they look dated now! :p

Think I've seen your Accord up the town, it's spotless! I really wanted an ATR but ended up with this instead.

looks good, you should definitely consider upgrading to the facelift lights all round

Those hideous lexus lights? I don't think so! +o(

slag

RMS Regular
OP
slag
Nice! Standard wheels are much better!

If you seen them up close you wouldn't be saying that lol, they are badly in need of a refurb but I don't really see the point if they are only on for winter. (y)

Lovely slag I loved my ep3 they are good fun :grinning:..

Cheers Jim, I think I seen your old one for sale when I bought mine but it was away n all - milano red seems like a heartbreaker?

Lift-off oversteer FTW! :p

BrianM

RMS Regular
Drives
07 Honda S2k
Cheers dude, yeah I prefer PFL too. Although most would disagree and say they look dated now! :p

Think I've seen your Accord up the town, it's spotless! I really wanted an ATR but ended up with this instead.

Thanks very much lad, I take it you're a Lurgan man?

I was also looking at a civic but im glad I went for the ATR in the end. The brother had an EP3 and they are a fantastic driving car, K20 sounds like a complete weapon with the rights mods!

If you're about the town i'll take you for a run in her and show you what you're missing :p

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Cheers Jim, I think I seen your old one for sale when I bought mine but it was away n all - milano PINK seems like a heartbreaker?
fixed that for you :p. Just a pity they fade so much :worried:. Mine was pretty decent had seen a bit of paint though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.