Yet another price rise!

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
if your still hanging onto your account then you must believe it helps your business and helps you sell cars.

How many cars would you sell a quarter, and how many do you think come through UCNI?
I do get some business from it, but have noticed over the past year that I get less and less from UCNI. I don't mind paying a fair price for advertising bit hate being fleeced due to pure greed!

Jas Lad

RMS Trader
I pay around £350 a month with UCNI and its getting to the point of being too expensive, I also pay £300 a month to ebay and gumtree. But contracts are up in Dec, might sack them and go with Autotrader for UK coverage and see how it fairs maybe drop UCNI as well.

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
If you really feel that strong about it then do something and LEAVE!!! There lays the problem...too many in this country moan and complain but just carry on and stick with it.
I was sick of Usedcarsni price rises and take it or leave it attitude that I told them what to do with my account 3 years ago. Cecil the owner came out to see me but had his head stuck in the sand. I then heard throught the grapevine that their attitude was, oh he will be back in a few months once he realises! They will never get another £ of mine....
Crap Site...Crap Service...Crap Attitude and to the staff reading this....hello :grinning:
I get your point and I said the same as you about AT many years back. I did leave them at that time and managed ok without them. UCNI had come on to the scene about that time and were very reasonable. Then AT NI disappeared and UCNI saw pound signs!!!! They had the market all to themselves and the greed set in. It's been price rise after price rise ever since. It's as much the arrogance of the staff that annoys me - they think dealers can't do without them so they can charge what they like. I have already halved my package with them before and will be doing the same very soon with my current package.

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
I pay around £350 a month with UCNI and its getting to the point of being too expensive, I also pay £300 a month to ebay and gumtree. But contracts are up in Dec, might sack them and go with Autotrader for UK coverage and see how it fairs maybe drop UCNI as well.
Hi Jason, good to hear from you - hope all is well with you. I'm going to half my current package while I pursue other avenues. I may even go back to AT which is something I said I would never do!

colin84

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 M Sport
I get your point and I said the same as you about AT many years back. I did leave them at that time and managed ok without them. UCNI had come on to the scene about that time and were very reasonable. Then AT NI disappeared and UCNI saw pound signs!!!! They had the market all to themselves and the greed set in. It's been price rise after price rise ever since. It's as much the arrogance of the staff that annoys me - they think dealers can't do without them so they can charge what they like. I have already halved my package with them before and will be doing the same very soon with my current package.
As soon as UTV Drive finished UCNI prices went straight up.

Reactions: IHC

Jas Lad

RMS Trader
Hi Jason, good to hear from you - hope all is well with you. I'm going to half my current package while I pursue other avenues. I may even go back to AT which is something I said I would never do!
How are you keeping Ivan? All good here what about yourself? Is there any AT reps in NI? There was a fella before but his numbers went dead so maybe pulled the plug on NI reps?

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Am sure if some of the big dealers like charles hurst / agnews / sere were to pull out they would be screwed .

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
How are you keeping Ivan? All good here what about yourself? Is there any AT reps in NI? There was a fella before but his numbers went dead so maybe pulled the plug on NI reps?
All done though Autotrader UK now. Well worth a call. I was on the phone to them today and they are offering a much better deal than UCNI. More cars, more photos, link to your website all for less money.

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
Am sure if some of the big dealers like charles hurst / agnews / sere were to pull out they would be screwed .
Indeed. They need to lose some big contracts in order for them to take notice.

simy

RMS Regular
Slightly off topic but is there anyway of telling how long an advert has been up on the site?
ie how long a car has been advertised for sale by a trader on UCNI.

IHC

RMS Member
Drives
Ford Kuga
Slightly off topic but is there anyway of telling how long an advert has been up on the site?
ie how long a car has been advertised for sale by a trader on UCNI.
No, not on UsedCarsNI. Some sites will state how long a car has been advertised although I fail to see how this information is of any use to anyone!

Airhead

RMS Regular
No, not on UsedCarsNI. Some sites will state how long a car has been advertised although I fail to see how this information is of any use to anyone!
Well, i don't know how typical I am but when I am looking for a new car I tend to use UCNI and Gumtree simply because you can sort by "most recently added". Got thoroughly p!ssed off ringing about cars on AT that were sold long ago but the vendors (private and trade) couldn't be bothered removing!

simy

RMS Regular
Test drove a car last weekend and the trader was giving the full speil about there being a lot of interest in it and I need to act quick, blah blah. I hadnt been keeping an eye on the car before hand so was jut wondering how long it had been up.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is mental, I had no idea (no need to) that traders would be paying that a month for advertising.