Young cubs in fancy cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
I made a rare foray down to Portstewart promenade over the glorious 12 th weekend and was highly surprised by the number of young males with expensive, high performance vehicles.

Example number one: Spotty bespectacled youth in Honda S2000 with R plates. This weedy whipper-snapper looked like he'd have trouble steering a Tesco's trolley.

Example number two: E46 BMW M3 Coupe (blue I think) being driven by a fellow who could have been long sfter the 21st birthday. Apparently from the Lisburn direction.

Example number three: Mitsubishi Evo VXIIVXIISFRTYZZZ. I've noticed a couple of different younguns pedalling about in these.

This begs me to ask the question - How??? If they are "Daddy's cars" would you let yer son loose in them?

And before anyone accuses me of being jealous, of course I am!! :grinning: ;)

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
2 ooh 5 said:
Example number two: E46 BMW M3 Coupe (blue I think) being driven by a fellow who could have been long sfter the 21st birthday. Apparently from the Lisburn direction.

Blonde, spikey hair? If so, thats Alex. He is 21, and his dad bought it for him. He also has a 330CI.

Bronk

RMS Regular
mayeb daddy has bought them 4 sons? mayb there are insured by traders insurance or fleet insurance, my friend was 18 wen he got his scobby and he is 20 now, his 1st car was rocko's focus b4 rocko done the respray and changed the wheels

Bryan

RMS Regular
Most likely daddy's cars... I know of one young guy (probably early 20's) in a brand new Subaru.

How on earth do they get insurance? I tried, for a laugh, to get insurance on something stupid one time and they wouldn't even quote me.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Even on a traders policy, my mate who's 18 is only allowed to drive a car thats under 1.4...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The way Traders used to work was that you had to be 21 to be on it, if you were under 21 then there was only a limited range of engine sizes which you could legally drive.

On the same note, think I've seen that young guy in the blue M3 about.

When I worked in Dad's garage years ago we had to repair a Porsche 911 once and then drive it back to the owner. As there were no other drivers about, I was picked to take it back - complete with 'R' Plates and all :p. Went through Claudy on my way to the guy's place and everyone thought 'Daddy' had bought me a 911 for passing my test. I wish! :laughing:

Gaz

iain

Depends, i can drive anything on the road, even up to group 20, depends on company and how much you are willing to spend. Im 19 and on a group 15, i know people who are the same age who can drive most things up to 2.0l

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Mustnt be the same for traders now. look at terry henry. drives his dads mitsubishi warrior about and the red corvette.

Bryan

RMS Regular
How much is your insurance Iain if you don't mind me asking? How do you go about getting traders insurance? Do you not need to prove that you are in the motor trade?

Porter

RMS Regular
heres an idea, why doesnt andy start up a wee insurance business and give all us menmbers a good discount.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
CP02TER said:
heres an idea, why doesnt andy start up a wee insurance business and give all us menmbers a good discount.

He could give the members discount too :lol:

iain

Bryan said:
How much is your insurance Iain if you don't mind me asking? How do you go about getting traders insurance? Do you not need to prove that you are in the motor trade?

My dad is managing director for CIS insurance so i get it for £0000 a year. I'll ask him how you go about it when he gets home.

Skillie

I've heard of a guy who recieved a phone call from a guy comming to see his Mitsu Evo that was for sale and was ringin from a helicopter asking where he could land nearby. Was a birthday pres for his son and he met him to collect it another day, in his 360 modena. So either they got daddys like this or they're peddlin drugs. Theres a guy near me whos only around 25 and a bit of a scut driving a Merc CLK Kompressor, now where'd he get the cash for that?? I don't care i'm a jealous ****er........

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
One of Jamie Fergusons mates is driving an SL55 AMG and hes only 25. His old man does own Gallan though.

Pac-Man

Banned
Skillie said:
Theres a guy near me whos only around 25 and a bit of a scut driving a Merc CLK Kompressor, now where'd he get the cash for that?? I don't care i'm a jealous ****er........
Was round looking at an e30 BMW in Twinbrook of all places last week and one of his mates pulled up in a grey Z4 :?:

Gormley

RMS Regular
the fleet policy im on allows me 2 drive pretty much any thing at a resonable enough price for a 19 yr old, the difference in grp 6 and grp 16 was £250 a year. tho i wont dont think il be seeing an m3 or an evo any time soon :x :worried: no matter how cheap the insurance is

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm 19 (almost 20) and to get insurance in my own name on a 306TD sedan is gonna cost £3,500 and I've been driving since I was 17 with no claims/convictions etc. My mum wants her no claims bonus back for my sister to start driving. Would traders insurance come in under that price or would it generally be higher? My insurance is currently £800-900 under my mum's name with 5 years NCB.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
But what do you mean Bryan - are you going to be the policy holder on the trader's insurance? Or add yourself to a trader you know as a named driver?

Gaz

Bryan

RMS Regular
Good point Gaz... I couldn't get traders insurance either than because I'm not over 21. Classic car here I come. £300 in my own name...

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'm not thinking about the age, I'm thinking about the cost. Bear in mind that being a policy holder on trader's insurance is a lot more expensive than standard insurance - its only cheaper for named drivers. My pop currently pays £12k+ per year for his trader's for his garage :?

Gaz

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.