Young cubs in fancy cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bronk

RMS Regular
exactly ppl think if they get on 2 traders or fleet insurance it is cheaper overall it wroks out dearer for the person who pays the bill

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
everyones situation is different i spose...insurance for one person is gonna be very different for another...i'm 22 on grp 15 car and its 1300 in my own name....

mate in town has an 850 bmw coupe....lovely lovely motor...he's only 20...i'd never get insurance...but he;s covered under traders!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have an idea - why doesn't Cooper take out a traders insurance policy, add us all to it and divide the cost between us lol

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
I know there was a place in portglenone,, where me and my mate sorted out traders insurance bout 5 years ago, for bout £1500, not sure if its still there, but was well easy to get it there, we couldn't believe our luck!!!! Just down beside the ulster bank on the main st.,., Just gave him a bs story like we'd be shifting/selling bout 12 cars a year!!!

Cant remember all the details,, but i think it was only a weight restriction on it,, reason he needed it was cause he modded his clio!!!

Gormley

RMS Regular
if your family has 4-5 cars/vans etc a mini fleet policy could be cheeper, i kno in our case it is cussa two young drivers

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
my mates dad is a manager of a bank and he gets to buy a car every four years and the last time he bought one of the new scoobys therefore allowing his 18year old son to drive it wenever he wanted

his other son turned 17 in march there and has now past his test so he was all excited about being allowed to drive the scooby but unfortunatly the bank changed the insurance policy and neither of them can drive the scoob till they are 21! gutted!!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I can't remember the name of the company, but I'll find it if you're interested. It's actually something like £349 /year on a limited mileage policy or something...

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Gormley said:
if your family has 4-5 cars/vans etc a mini fleet policy could be cheeper, i kno in our case it is cussa two young drivers

how many cars are required for this?

in my family we have 4cars and a van but the van is owned by the NEELB but we keep it

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
Bryan said:
I can't remember the name of the company, but I'll find it if you're interested. It's actually something like £349 /year on a limited mileage policy or something...

im interested too find out the details on it.... cheers

Bryan

RMS Regular
The company is Footman James...

I got quoted £684.53 for a 1966 Mini Cooper and £349 odd for a 1959 Hillman Minx. It's no doubt more expensive for more 'modern classics'. If I was to go for an everyday classic it would have to be before '73 for the free tax.

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
Ever heard of portfolio insurance guys, it can be a way of getting very young drivers insured for very little. The more things you have insured under the policy the more they will let you away with.
Think i started out just after passing my driving test in a new mini cooper insured full comp in my own name for 1600 quid.

Porter

RMS Regular
minibutmighty said:
Ever heard of portfolio insurance guys, it can be a way of getting very young drivers insured for very little. The more things you have insured under the policy the more they will let you away with.
Think i started out just after passing my driving test in a new mini cooper insured full comp in my own name for 1600 quid.

do tell more

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Bryan said:
Most likely daddy's cars... I know of one young guy (probably early 20's) in a brand new Subaru.

How on earth do they get insurance? I tried, for a laugh, to get insurance on something stupid one time and they wouldn't even quote me.

doesn't happen to be a guy from outside of Moira. I know a guy from there in a sub turbo, and hes 22 afaik. have a fair idea of the ins figure... :?

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
CP02TER said:
minibutmighty said:

do tell more

Afaik we have this policy were the house and all the cars, and a business are covered by the one company. When it comes to motor insurance it seems to work slightly differently than usual.
Instead of say covering my bro for his car and say making him a named driver for my mum and dads car like insurer would normally do, the company just gives a price that covers my bro fully comp on any of our cars. Likewise with my mum and my dad. (Im limited to my car cos im only 20, but in 2 years ill be able to drive anything we own up to group 20!)
Means my bro whos 30 can drive his alfa, my cooper S, mums boxster, dads saab or his 911 for peanuts. It works a bit like fleet insurance I suppose.
BBSboy was on the same type of policy afaik.

Rachie

Rocko said:
2 ooh 5 said:
Example number two: E46 BMW M3 Coupe (blue I think) being driven by a fellow who could have been long sfter the 21st birthday. Apparently from the Lisburn direction.

Blonde, spikey hair? If so, thats Alex. He is 21, and his dad bought it for him. He also has a 330CI.

yes..........i know him as rich alex. i am very jealous of his moneys.

as for the tramps that drive great cars i can only wonder where they got their money from :?:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
or not as the case may be rachie they may be drivin without insurance etc... just power crazy :roll:

Bryan

RMS Regular
doesn't happen to be a guy from outside of Moira. I know a guy from there in a sub turbo, and hes 22 afaik. have a fair idea of the ins figure...

I'm not sure, he used to/still is going out with a girl I went to school with who lives in Moira. The scooby is XIB 1**1

Porter

RMS Regular
Rachie said:
Rocko said:
2 ooh 5 said:
Example number two: E46 BMW M3 Coupe (blue I think) being driven by a fellow who could have been long sfter the 21st birthday. Apparently from the Lisburn direction.

Blonde, spikey hair? If so, thats Alex. He is 21, and his dad bought it for him. He also has a 330CI.

yes..........i know him as rich alex. i am very jealous of his moneys.

as for the tramps that drive great cars i can only wonder where they got their money from :?:

yeah rich alex, he got smoked by my mate in his scoob.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.