Young Driver Insurance-help!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

SW-Scarlett

At the minute im insured on my honda civic(type-s) FN and it costing me a good bit...over 2k. Been looking around recently for a more economic car but instead now have my heart set on a 2.0L Audi A4.
Im only 19, so clearly going to get a thrashing from insurance, especially from living in NI...best quote i found so far were dial direct and post office, both of which came in at about £3500 mark. any suggestions on getting that down other than pass plus ??
greatly appreciated.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
go do ur advanced driving test;)

means **** all rickaroo. insurance is high full stop for young drivers. however i got a new quote there 1 years ncb at 20 and was under a grand. not bad i didnt think but buying a van and keeping the car on the trade insurance.

your best option is to go under a parents name etc until your of an age i.e. 21 i think it lowers a good bit.
now theres a few muppets on here deal with insurance etc and will say that doing such thing and is wrong and fronting bla bla bla.
however insurance companies screw you over as quick as look at you so why not do it on them first.

be a c8nt or be c8nted on! great fact of life.

this unless your willing to pay an extortiate amount is your only option or buy a 1.0 corsa. group 1 insurance.

SW-Scarlett

OP
SW-Scarlett
yea i looked under the mothers name and its only 1k for insurance on the audi, but she being a tube about it lol...£3400 still the lowest i can find, i might try and play dial direct and post office off against each other or go to my broker and see if he can knock it down a bit.

Cess

RMS Staff
Stick it out on your own name, you will thank yourself in the long run. Tried Hughes yet? I know some people seem to be getting competitive quotes from them

SW-Scarlett

OP
SW-Scarlett
yea man but 3.5k insurance on my own name lol, yea hughes quoted me 7k...and e-car quoted me 24k lmao.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.