Your Questions Answered on Sold as Seen Podcast

•   

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I appreciated the advice to go and get some friends 😅😅

Sounds like I need to up the budget for the track scrap in any case. Was thinking along the lines of cheap cooper s/swift sport to dip my toe into trackdays

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Just listened to it earlier there during a head clearing drive up a part of the coast road after a funeral earlier today. (Not close family or anything, just desperately sad circumstances)

Was looking longingly over towards the mull of kintyre thinking of road trips etc when that subject was being discussed.

A great listen.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I forgot that big pimp had that MR2, loved it back in the day!

Any pics? Where did it end up?
Never mind the MR2, check out this rod 😂

MR2 went to StreetRacer who changed the kit to Veilside. It then sold to @max1871 and I don’t know where it went to after that.
0246E043-1E47-47F2-A437-DD151BB39DB7.jpeg
39BDAF2E-E81A-4F32-8EA0-7CB2F735225E.jpeg
694D62C0-7BBB-4A69-BC6C-AC96BA801CBF.jpeg
837813ED-9F91-4C51-9545-97FAA8C31CC9.jpeg
08DD13AA-4319-4BE7-BF14-CE0030D14DD3.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good episode gents.

Here’s your under £2k track car

1E7B4BF8-4546-4668-8F48-850FE3B7FF1B.png

Suzuki stuck a proper motorsport engine into these with multiple upgrades over the standard M16a with assistance from cosworth: forged pistons - oil jet cooled, high-lift cams, larger polished inlets, revised exhaust, revised variable valve timing, higher compression ratio, etc. The shells were also bespoke with additional welding, bracing and altered mounting points. A totally separate model to the standard swift.

I’ve seen one of the engines apart and they’re proper stout little things. Made for abuse, evident by the numbers of them thrapped round the ring as rentals. 10500rpm ‘money shifts’ were common and the engines were absolutely fine afterwards. One retired after 400,000km of track use and was rolling roaded before being sold on (as a running track car) and made stock power.

They can hussle some quick stuff round the right track, though admittedly kirkistown isn’t the perfect setting for them with the long straights, however head out with a few MX5’s and you’ll have great fun. I can’t think of much else this side of a welding torch that you could reliably smash round a track for under £2k these days tbh.

I added a few bits to mine but I reckon a set of front pads would be more than enough to get you going.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Good episode gents.

Here’s your under £2k track car

View attachment 349474

Suzuki stuck a proper motorsport engine into these with multiple upgrades over the standard M16a with assistance from cosworth: forged pistons - oil jet cooled, high-lift cams, larger polished inlets, revised exhaust, revised variable valve timing, higher compression ratio, etc. The shells were also bespoke with additional welding, bracing and altered mounting points. A totally separate model to the standard swift.

I’ve seen one of the engines apart and they’re proper stout little things. Made for abuse, evident by the numbers of them thrapped round the ring as rentals. 10500rpm ‘money shifts’ were common and the engines were absolutely fine afterwards. One retired after 400,000km of track use and was rolling roaded before being sold on (as a running track car) and made stock power.

They can hussle some quick stuff round the right track, though admittedly kirkistown isn’t the perfect setting for them with the long straights, however head out with a few MX5’s and you’ll have great fun. I can’t think of much else this side of a welding torch that you could reliably smash round a track for under £2k these days tbh.

I added a few bits to mine but I reckon a set of front pads would be more than enough to get you going.

After this post swift sport will be trending on gumtree/ marketplace etc

Reactions: Gaz

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Listen to it on the way to the other half's last night.
Had me the whole time until about the last six minutes when you all said about the 106 being better than the vts. Nope **** yous all 🤣

Also @Cooper spring for a mic for gaz audio was clear just very tinny coming across

Marc

RMS Moderator
Had me the whole time until about the last six minutes when you all said about the 106 being better than the vts. Nope **** yous all 🤣

Also @Cooper spring for a mic for gaz audio was clear just very tinny coming across
I think Gaz was on a zoom call due to covid this time, if you check the other episodes it is much better 👍👍

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack

I’ve been using a copper-supplied mic since ep1 but unfortunately it seems to have died, went off 10 mins before we were due to record and I couldn’t get it going again - so had to resort to old work mic/headset. I’ll be back to a proper mic for next episode 👍
I think Gaz was on a zoom call due to covid this time, if you check the other episodes it is much better 👍👍

And this - though we record via mic and headphones whether it’s a zoom call or in person anyway

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Would the twingo not be decent to fire around a track few rs one up for 3k could probably get that figure down or the other models are around 1500 plus. Be a cheaper option to tip your toe instead of sinking £££ in and not liking it