Zinc plater

loud n low

RMS Regular
Probably one for the restoring/rally boys,where would you recommend for parts to be Zinc plated?

Thanks.

loud n low

RMS Regular
OP
L
it would be needing the works lad,various bits and pieces large and small.Thanks lad.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Just if was small clean/new parts we can do all sorts of plating and surface protecting, anodising, cadmium etc. But parts need to be in good nick as can't risk contaminating tanks

loud n low

RMS Regular
OP
L
Just if was small clean/new parts we can do all sorts of plating and surface protecting, anodising, cadmium etc. But parts need to be in good nick as can't risk contaminating tanks

I take it you would need to look at the parts and shotblast as required?Cheers bud,it's for an elderly neighbour who wants a TR7 restoring.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
As above TJ plating in mallusk

They do self colour (silver) or coloured which is gold colour.

We use them for parts in work and can turn parts around in 24 hours normally

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Yea I used a place in mallusk assuming was the same place just make sure all parts are cleaned off old paint etc

AndyG

RMS Regular
I used Eagle plating for mine, left everything in a drum of thinners over night before to take all old paint and stuff off them

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
As above TJ plating in mallusk

They do self colour (silver) or coloured which is gold colour.

We use them for parts in work and can turn parts around in 24 hours normally

Yea I used a place in mallusk assuming was the same place just make sure all parts are cleaned off old paint etc

I have had some alloy brake Bells machined up for a couple of different cars.

I need them anodised or plated... TJ or Eagle sound good, but limited options in terms of finishes from TJ.

I am after a darker/ black/ grey Finish on them.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I have had some alloy brake Bells machined up for a couple of different cars.

I need them anodised or plated... TJ or Eagle sound good, but limited options in terms of finishes from TJ.

I am after a darker/ black/ grey Finish on them.

What grade of aluminium? 6082 goes a nice charcoal colour if hard anodised and would be a better job anyway.

7075 aluminium goes a bronze sort of colour hard anodised.

We use Graph engineering in Dublin as no one up here can properly hard anodised as far as I'm aware.

Graph are the best about, give them a ring and ask for Sean.

Reactions: IL

chrisQ

RMS Regular
I'm looking stuff done off a few motorbikes and I've been recommended eagle plating by various people. Eagle plating said to just clean any paint off whatever I was looking plated with a wire wheel in a bench grinder etc and leave them up to them.

Reactions: IL