Zx10r v 700 bhp Audi Rs6 motorway run

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Surely if a bike hit a cats eye changing lanes at those speeds he'd jump over a bridge or the likes??

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Don't know whats more impressive the speeds or the fact everyone in the fast lane moved over to let them past!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
They do have excellent suspension you know!

Would be interesting to see that video remade but with a ZZR1400

The Mrs dad just bought one of these, gonna have to get a run on it someday

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Feck me, really don't fancy sitting at those sort of speeds on public road, albeit a motorway ... Especially not on a bike lol.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Surely if a bike hit a cats eye changing lanes at those speeds he'd jump over a bridge or the likes??

Feck me, really don't fancy sitting at those sort of speeds on public road, albeit a motorway ... Especially not on a bike lol.

Actually its not bad at all. As above suspension soaks it up the very best.
Worst bit about those speeds on a bike is the wind pushing against your body, but tucked in behind the screen it isn't as bad as you'd think.

The thing you just cant get from a vid is really how fast the bike (or indeed that 700bhp RS6) can go from cruising at 70mph, to over 170 mph with a quick wind of the throttle in a few seconds, then roll off the throttle with no brakes and you'll back under a ton in no time.

Its a phenomenal feeling.

Even just on a motorway (Not like the guys in the vid above on a busy motorway!) just crusing like I said, then you can see a few miles ahead and no cars about, you could empty the bike and fill the clocks then just roll off and be back down to the national speed limit before you are anywhere near traffic again.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Would be the exact same. Both are limited to 186mph (300kph).

The 14 would reel the audi in very quickly compared to the 10, up to it's restriction. And it would have to be derestricted to be fair!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
it would have to be derestricted to be fair!

Agreed though the gearing may need to be altered (only by a tooth or two) to match the top speed of that Audi. It was pulling away with the bike doing 299kph. Having said that you could buy 4/5 bikes for the price of the car.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Would that Audi do near 210mph? Pretty impressive if it did. I THINK the zzr does somewhere like 204-207 derestricted?

I had a zx-12 and I thought it was quick!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.