Your doing it wrong...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
ffs people, I've been driving for 13 years and never done that, aint even come close to doing that, been running petrol and diesel cars for over 2 years side by side and not done it, lack of thought tbh

Petrol = quiet

Diesel = noisey

No brainer really

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Sarcasm is wasted on you it seems (n)

Bike shouldn't make a difference, you must be abit on the simple side?

no sarcasm aint wasted on me, just wondering why your being such a ****? and i dont really see your point, your sarcasm is a bit crap

as for bikes ive had about ten people say to me already that theyve done this cos theyve been thinking about the bike or theyve been out on it recently and aint been thinkin

@JHXR the rope its attached to the ARB, the bloody towin eye was missing!! had to do somethin, worked ok it was only for a mile

and that nozzle side thing on the dash hasnt been true on a couple of cars ive had

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
ffs people, I've been driving for 13 years and never done that, aint even come close to doing that, been running petrol and diesel cars for over 2 years side by side and not done it, lack of thought tbh

Petrol = quiet

Diesel = noisey

No brainer really

hmm yeah i was aware that the car was diesel you know, i thought i had lifted the diesel pump, then i went into the shop and said "20 of diesel" to the woman and she checked the wee screen and took my cash without saying anythin, only when i headed up the road and she conked out did i realise what was wrong.

i didnt knowingly put petrol in it.

but yeah if youve never made a mistake in your life like a few other guys on this thread then fair play to ya!

Bass c

Banned
no sarcasm aint wasted on me, just wondering why your being such a ****? and i dont really see your point, your sarcasm is a bit crap

as for bikes ive had about ten people say to me already that theyve done this cos theyve been thinking about the bike or theyve been out on it recently and aint been thinkin

You put up a thread about you putting petrol in a derv and didn't expect abuse? What did you expect? "well done lad"

Them ten people shouldn't be riding a bike then, actually they shouldn't be driving in general. If they can't tell the difference between a car and bike. Just cus your going to petrol station shortly after filling one, shouldn't make a difference. What if you had been just getting milk the first time? Oh no diesel passat with a litre of milk in the tank.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
@ Bass C - Christ your abit grumpy on it!

It is an easy mistake to do, some petrol stations ive been in to the hoses are all black and the only indication is the colour of the nozzle handle, and its espectially bad if your after bp ultimate diesel. Sometimes you do have to look at all the nozzle handles to make sure your getting the right one!

Anyone can make a mistake - its what makes us human.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
haha you are one tool what is your problem

edit - not you bora boy im talkin to bass c you posted as i typed

edit again - your name isnt bora boy any more sorry :p

Maxwell

Banned
There should be pump attendants waiting to say "pump says nooo" lol

well there really should be, the fuuking price the coonts charge us for fuel. We should get something in return

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Should be a fooking square nozzle for diesel and a triangular one for petrol!

I done this years ago in my da's motor. £30 of diesel in, 2 miles up the road she dies.

Mechanic took £60 to drain + clean her, and then I had to put another £30 of fookin diesel in lol.

Was only 18 at the time though, thats my excuse ;)

polotdi

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Oh I get it now.

I know it this way... my car is black and the pump I need is black (y)

And you're bound to know by the smell as it's seemingly impossible to lift a diesel pump without your hands being covered in the stuff.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
lol @ maxwell - there'd be a load of mangled pumps wi people ramming the nozzle into a hole it aint meant to go...

So much innuendo in that, but ah well lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
the worst i find is bp ultimate. the ultimate diesel and ultimate unleaded has thrown me a few times need to double check as the colouring on the pump head is sooooo similar.
Yup, got caught out with that one on a sleepy night with the Skyline... Put a tenner of what i thought was BP ult unleaded, when i walked back out to the car it suddenly donned on me what pump i had parked up at :broken_heart:

Put another £35 of Super on top hoping it would just get me up the road home so i could drain it the next day, nope, too many bloody sensors and it doed on the forecourt lol :broken_heart: Got it towed round to the garage round the corner, syphoned (sp) it all out, fired in some super and she fired up no sweat, filled the place with smoke mind till she cleared :p

Na , aint true

Cant remember what I was driving but it was wrong!
It actually is true on most cars, i only heard this recently and any cars ive been in ive checked to see what it says like a sado and most of the time its right :oops::laughing:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Just a heads up, apparently if you put the wrong fuel in at Tesco (or one of the supermarkets at least anyway), and then realise it and don't start the car, they will drain it out for you foc. Not sure about how true that is, but obviously they don't go around advertising it.

Brian

RMS Regular
Drives
Baby AMG
Its an easy mistake to make if your not using the same one all the time and your not fully concentrating on the task on hand ie on the phone or whatever...

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I was at the filling station off the Lurgan roundabout a few weeks ago, and this woman in a convertible 330d is in front of me, happily filling it with unleaded.

I told her it was diesel, she scoffed at me - and told me she wasn't THAT stupid, and ignored me.

Passed her sitting on the hard shoulder just before the A4 and did a toot of the horn :grinning:

Bass c

Banned
I was at the filling station off the Lurgan roundabout a few weeks ago, and this woman in a convertible 330d is in front of me, happily filling it with unleaded.

I told her it was diesel, she scoffed at me - and told me she wasn't THAT stupid, and ignored me.

Passed her sitting on the hard shoulder just before the A4 and did a toot of the horn :grinning:

She must have just filled her bike up previously :worried:

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d

EPIC win!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Thats hilarious Mark! I'm not having a go but to be honest I've no idea how people who are into cars can do this. Surely if you even picked the petrol nossle up and started pumping you'd realise quickly - paying over £1/Litre for the stuff I like to make sure I watch what I'm doing.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.