Charge for detailing? You MUST pay to post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
personally i think this whole charge thing is a ploy to get people interested in the car care section , as 2094 views and 175 posts within 24hrs must be a flippin record

pablo

RMS Moderator
Just using one member as an example,

what exactly is the difference here between these members putting up their pictures and others like Marky (not having a go here mate)and many others who put a new car thread up, then a for sale ad 45 seconds later??

thats a tough call to be honest. On the one hand its fairly blatent advertising, on the other he usually posts interesting cars which are nice to have a gander at.

He has had a fair few threads deleted where they have been blatent ads.

At present there is no real conflict of interest so there isnt too much harm.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
60 is dam good going Nigel. I'm on 8 so far this year and looking to get my 9th in the next couple of weeks.

60 is legend material (y)

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
any slagging of other peoples work WILL NOT BE TOLERATED at all. Traders can post their work/prices and let the people decide who to go with. Pretty simple really.

Detailni get a good slagging in this thread and it hasnt been removed. If i were Ryan id expect the site i support to support me and take that sort of thing down asap! Hard enough to make a living and rumour spreads so fast in this country, for instance i melted big Jamies manifold and some guy ive never met started slagging me in town about it one day!

On topic, Its Coopers site, Coopers rules. reading this reminds me of the winging equal rights tossers plagueing the world these days. Not trying to stick up for my friend as ive never met him, but fair play if he makes a few £ from it

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
Blanket ban on it is the only way it would work. Pay or don't show any "details", even if they are "tasty motors" and your costs are being covered only (thats still a business). Cooper needs the money to pay Pablo :worried:

Everyone knows who the people who clean cars on here. The non trader ones to our the better ones too. The main trader detailer on here i wouldn't trust to wash my car let alone attempt to buff it for a stupid price.

No names mentioned but not rocket science

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
Detailni get a good slagging in this thread and it hasnt been removed. If i were Ryan id expect the site i support to support me and take that sort of thing down asap! Hard enough to make a living and rumour spreads so fast in this country, for instance i melted big Jamies manifold and some guy ive never met started slagging me in town about it one day!

On topic, Its Coopers site, Coopers rules. reading this reminds me of the winging equal rights tossers plagueing the world these days. Not trying to stick up for my friend as ive never met him, but fair play if he makes a few £ from it

was that me jonny lol ,,, i was in the garage with jamie and you when you wer getting slagged

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
thats a tough call to be honest. On the one hand its fairly blatent advertising, on the other he usually posts interesting cars which are nice to have a gander at.

He has had a fair few threads deleted where they have been blatent ads.

At present there is no real conflict of interest so there isnt too much harm.

If that's the way your looking a it, I'd rather have a gander at some
of the cars Ruth, ferret, ronnieG are posting

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i,l take two , do you do gift vouchers? if so anyone interested in a group buy

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
just adding my 2p worth.

The only reasons I don't pay to sponsor RMS is for 2 reasons

1. Word of mouth gets me more than enough business for a part time venture and at £20 a month it's not worth my while for a sideline thing at the weekends.
2. When I did advertise on RMS (when it was free for all) 99% of the people that contact you are timewasters, booking slots and not showing up etc and that ends up costing me more money for lost work.

I rarely even post in the car care section anymore, occasionaly offer a bit of advice. Still I see why this issue is being raised, Ryan is a good friend of mine (he puts work my way and I put work his way but we don't steal work from each other), and I don't see why he should be paying X amount of pounds a month to be having work stolen by people that don't contribute to the forum in any way (regardless of a money issue)

At the same time, the amount of people with small ad's for mechanics, diagnostics etc is not on, they should be removed too

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
LOL @ at the sudden change in some people's signatures ..... it's the internet folks, don't take it that seriously ;)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
its the rebellion gaz lol an indirect way of voicing your opinion without being deleted tho seamys is outahand

Bass c

Banned
2. When I did advertise on RMS (when it was free for all) 99% of the people that contact you are timewasters, booking slots and not showing up etc and that ends up costing me more money for lost work.

Unbelieveable about of timewasters i got. Had one well known member torture me for months to do his car ( i didnt wanna do it for my own reasons :p) i finally said i'd do it, he was phoning my moblie from different peoples mobiles cus i stopped answering his. Night before i was going to his house to do the car, he phoned saying he didn't have the funds at the minute, but i could go ahead and do the car. Needless to say I didn't bother

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.