Charge for detailing? You MUST pay to post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
A while back was there not a donation facility available on rms? correct me if im wrong but something reminds me that there was, maybe in the user cp?!

Haven't a clue, but you'd nee dit somewhere liek along the top where the RMS banner is so everyone could see it.

I'd quite happily throw in some dollars to help keep the site running. Like as coog said when we feel flush.

And i would also like banter and slagging being reintroduced, lol. in its maybe own wee section, sign a disclaimer to enter, lol. And get Pacman back.lol

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
I don't think it has anything to do with the cost of running RMS, Copper never said he needed more money to run RMS...

I think it is down to Detailing Business's paying to advertise on RMS, and guys working for there garage doing it at night getting all the advertisement they wan't for free....

Correct me if I'm wrong..........!

fiestasi

RMS Regular
Yeah from reading the above 8 pages of constant moaning about advertising people have missed the point completely and talked themselves into paying money to access the whole site whereas copper has stated its only aimed towards people advertising their work on the site.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
No the donations thing has nothing to do with the issue on the detailers, its more just a further revenue sourse.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
I don't think it has anything to do with the cost of running RMS, Copper never said he needed more money to run RMS...

I think it is down to Detailing Business's paying to advertise on RMS, and guys working for there garage doing it at night getting all the advertisement they wan't for free....

Correct me if I'm wrong..........!

Your going to have to stop canvassing then:party:

Yep sorry understand what you mean mate, it's not money issue, but just unfair to paying traders.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
No the donations thing has nothing to do with the issue on the detailers, its more just a further revenue sourse.

Which i suppose would help cooper out with the costs, a donations link would be nice i'd think. show our support for all the hard work the boys have put in. And if it did do well as in loads of cash in it after costs paid, then it could be used to treat the mods to a xmas night out, for all their hard work over the year.:laughing:

Putting up with all the cr ap we throw at them and all teh explaining they have to do, to keep us happy.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Cooper what about a rate for part timers like myself and a ferw others? I'd happily pay then and if I get alot more work out of it I would happily spend more?

Donation button is a good idea (y) I'd throw a ferw quid in, use the site everyday

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I never post in the car care section but enjoy looking at the shiney pics people put up and seeing thing i would like to try on my motor.

What about a format for posting in the section where you have to give details of the products and processes used to achieve the end result. Say a series of headings and Mods ensure that enough detail is entered under each heading.

That way full time detailers who are taking advantage of the system wont have the time to post and Part Timers will be posting for the benifit of everyone by giving details of what they done??

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I can see where there coming from,some people advertising for free and the "pros" complaing cause they have to pay. So if this is happening, as its up to Cooper at the end of the day, a discounted rate for the amaturs will have to come in,as its only part time for them, I cant really see it working becuase the amatuers will just not post as much and avoid getting charged or just post on jim/dw for free.. lol

Imo the rate to advertise is crazy anyway,its not like the whole NI/world be's on RMS to see these ad's,but thats another matter.

Oh and if donations are welcome,ild throw few pound in,for a special room and "paid member" below my name :p... I dont post alot but i do read here evryday,and it provides good info and some "banter" lol(y)

Maxwell

Banned
on saxp there is a member lounge which you can only access, if your a paid member. so as ba said before, if anything goes (ie. abusive language, banter etyc etc) and we are paid members, well then turning the already there members section, into a pay in section, well it would make rms less dictatorish or james66 ish

Stevies

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
To throw my twopence in I'd say the advertising costs here are very expensive, ie a detailer can advertise on Detailing World for half the price. Because of this I can understand why the traders get knarkered if people are advertising their services and not paying. They pay big money to advertise and need to get as much out of the forum as possible to cover the cost.

I'd have considered advertising but feel a more appropiate price would be £10 a month or something.

At the end of the day though its Coopers site to do what he wants..

Stevie

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
i got a strange call this afternoon, some guy wi thick scottish accent lookin to speak to mark... i said yes this is mark... yes do you do the car polishing... uh yes i do... i'm lookin a vxr astra done its red... uh wat... joe at auto tune gimme your number are you in scotland? uh no i'm not.... are you a scouser... uh no i'm in norther ireland...

strangest mistaken identity ever

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.