Oddessy car park fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
A fair point, but it's not that bad, I've parked behind porsche's and all sorts of other high risk cars. There's usually a high police presence around the oddessy especially at the weekends. No one mad enough is going to steal a car from there.

Anyway, ignore the ticket. The guys who issued it have no more right to give a ticket than cowboy clampers. You paid to access the car park, can they prove you didn't park properly? Most likely not.
as said above they will have a picture of the car on there website incorrectly parkd

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
That won't happen, I would be taking my chances. Even if they do get the bailiffs involved, they can't just arrive and take your possessions, they will have to apply to the court to come after you for money, and even before that they will write to you asking for the money.

I would be waiting for them to write to me before parting with any money. Think about it, they are a private company and will have to go to the DVA for your details, it's a lot of work to get a measly £100 off you, it would end up costing them more in time wasted chasing you down.

If they go as far a sending you a letter they add a charge for doing so and this is normally rip off expensive.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
If o2 dont follow through for an £850 outstanding bill then the oddessey are unlikely to ruin your life for £100

It would cost them more than that just to get the recovery company onto you.

Its a cash cow

Bin it and forget about it

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
That won't happen, I would be taking my chances. Even if they do get the bailiffs involved, they can't just arrive and take your possessions, they will have to apply to the court to come after you for money, and even before that they will write to you asking for the money.

I would be waiting for them to write to me before parting with any money. Think about it, they are a private company and will have to go to the DVA for your details, it's a lot of work to get a measly £100 off you, it would end up costing them more in time wasted chasing you down.

there is an appeal section on thier website, should i email them stating that it doesnt say anywhere hat i must park within one bay, one being the key word?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If they go as far a sending you a letter they add a charge for doing so and this is normally rip off expensive.

You are a perfect example of why fines like this exist, if you're naive enough to cough up straight away.

If o2 dont follow through for an £850 outstanding bill then the oddessey are unlikely to ruin your life for £100

It would cost them more than that just to get the recovery company onto you.

Its a cash cow

Bin it and forget about it

This man knows the deal. (y)

gsmith

RMS Regular
there is an appeal section on thier website, should i email them stating that it doesnt say anywhere hat i must park within one bay, one being the key word?
yea you could try that.also ive been well informened that the car park has nothing to do with the odessey. did you see the picture of your car on there website?

gsmith

RMS Regular
You are a perfect example of why fines like this exist, if you're naive enough to cough up straight away.

This man knows the deal. (y)
if a solicator recommeneds that you pay up as they did with me id say they no there stuff the fines handed out in that carpark are well within there right to do so my solicator tryd to find a loophole out of it couldnt be done so as i said i think this guy would be beter spending £65 before the costs would get more expensive(y)

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
most expensive parking space in town lol

Attachments

• my car.jpg
    my car.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 267

sacodetoro

RMS Regular
if a solicator recommeneds that you pay up as they did with me id say they no there stuff the fines handed out in that carpark are well within there right to do so my solicator tryd to find a loophole out of it couldnt be done so as i said i think this guy would be beter spending £65 before the costs would get more expensive(y)

Solicitors aren't God and are wrong all the time don't be so naive, solicitors are the ones who didn't get good enough grades to be a barrister:p

I suggest you go to the library and get a few law books out, all will be revealed....

Then also get a calculator out, to go to court they need a barrister which will cost them a minimum of 2-300 for 1 hour of their time. The likelihood is that if it eventually went to court(which it won't) they might get lucky and get awarded the judgement, so you have to pay them the £100 BUT the judge probably won't give a judgement with costs meaning that they spend about £400 to get £100.

As said before, it's a cash cow and it works because people like you are intimidated by a fancy letter with long words.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
I really don't understand why you need to park over 2 spaces in that place? Why don't you got to the end of the car-park and park in the one space away from everyone else for the sake of another 30 seconds walk?

Still wouldn't be coughing up if it was myself.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
Solicitors aren't God and are wrong all the time don't be so naive, solicitors are the ones who didn't get good enough grades to be a barrister:p

I suggest you go to the library and get a few law books out, all will be revealed....

Then also get a calculator out, to go to court they need a barrister which will cost them a minimum of 2-300 for 1 hour of their time. The likelihood is that if it eventually went to court(which it won't) they might get lucky and get awarded the judgement, so you have to pay them the £100 BUT the judge probably won't give a judgement with costs meaning that they spend about £400 to get £100.

As said before, it's a cash cow and it works because people like you are intimidated by a fancy letter with long words.

The carpark can sell this on to a collection firm who do this all the time and any court cost WILL be passed on plus admin fees. I'm not saying that this will happen but it CAN happen. Lifes all a gamble though. One thing to remember though is that if it gets out that people can get away without paying then the carpark owners will have to make an example of someone. So the question you have to ask yourself is.....do you feel lucky.....well do ya.:p

CloudStrife

RMS Regular
Read moneysavingexpert. They say to bin it and dont contact them at all. They are a private firm and the charge cannot be enforced. Scared women and gsmith is were they make there money at by empty threats.

wiggee

RMS Regular
Drives
4 x 4
report to the police that a cars running round with your reg on it !!! plenty of tramps at that in this country . (joke)

Although i see your parking point security etc , you best not do it when my mate and i are about we like to park either side of people who take up 2 spaces , its funny to see there faces when they come back ( oviously i dnt wait for that but when it happens its comical )

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
report to the police that a cars running round with your reg on it !!! plenty of tramps at that in this country . (joke)

Although i see your parking point security etc , you best not do it when my mate and i are about we like to park either side of people who take up 2 spaces , its funny to see there faces when they come back ( oviously i dnt wait for that but when it happens its comical )
funny enough a policeman told me today to make a report of a cloned car the same as mine driving around lol

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Seriously dude

BIN IT

the whole website, well worded threatening letter, and the fact there is a photo is all there to intimidate you into paying.

DO NOT contact them, do not worry about it and do not keep any record of it happening. As socodetoro said it will cost them too much money to receive so little back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.