Oddessy car park fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chr1s

RMS Regular
I was at the oddessy at the weekend and when I came back to my car i'd received a 100 pound fine for parking over 2 spaces. Now the ticket issued states 'not parked wholly within bay' and when I read the carparks signs it says all cars must be 'parked only within marked bays'. Technically speaking i'm doin nothing wrong as it doesnt state I need to be parked within ONE bay, infact the signs state u must be parked within BAYS. If i refuse to pay this and it goes to court do I have a leg to stand on or would the courts laugh at me?

And at the time of the incident the car park wasnt even half full, and I park over 2 spaces because its my car, paid for by my hard earned money and not for someone careless t**t to damage it with a door ding, so no comments stating i deserve a fine :laughing:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I don't know about over here, but if you get a parking ticket on the mainland and it isn't from the council you can just ignore it. Try the citizens advice bureau they may have an idea.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
you suffer from dyslexia;) and no one pointed out the fact that you had to park within one space... disability discrimintaion

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
worth checking with CAB mate to be sure. can understand trying to keep your vehicle from being damaged and if the car park was only half full

gsmith

RMS Regular
no way out of this iam afraid happened to me i got on with my solicator i was told there well within there right to fine you if you pay within 2 weeks its only £65 i advise you to bite the bullet and pay it.

The Ming

This is why I always park under the bridge just up a bit from the car park when going to the oddessy. Saves a couple of quid and it's literally 1 minute walk away.

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
This is why I always park under the bridge just up a bit from the car park when going to the oddessy. Saves a couple of quid and it's literally 1 minute walk away.

leave a white evo parked there and i'd be coming back to a missing car

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
no way out of this iam afraid happened to me i got on with my solicator i was told there well within there right to fine you if you pay within 2 weeks its only £65 i advise you to bite the bullet and pay it.

why did u pay it tho? cos it doesnt state anywhere that u must park within ONE bay, the sign says park within BAYS. and I was parked over 2 spaces which technically speaking is parked within bays, am i not rite?

gsmith

RMS Regular
i payd just to save any hassle i stated that to my solicator but he advised me to pay it. i hear were your comen from but id just pay it and never park there again.lol(y)

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
why did u pay it tho? cos it doesnt state anywhere that u must park within ONE bay, the sign says park within BAYS. and I was parked over 2 spaces which technically speaking is parked within bays, am i not rite?

Afraid not, it is reasonable to assume that one car should be parked within one bay. Legal speak for pay up.

gsmith

RMS Regular
It says failure to pay and a debt recovery agency will step in, dont fancy seeing my evo being towed away by baillifts lol
excatly not worth it mate. plus if you go to there website you will also see they have a picture of your car parkd over the two spaces. with your reg details etc

The Ming

leave a white evo parked there and i'd be coming back to a missing car

A fair point, but it's not that bad, I've parked behind porsche's and all sorts of other high risk cars. There's usually a high police presence around the oddessy especially at the weekends. No one mad enough is going to steal a car from there.

Anyway, ignore the ticket. The guys who issued it have no more right to give a ticket than cowboy clampers. You paid to access the car park, can they prove you didn't park properly? Most likely not.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It says failure to pay and a debt recovery agency will step in, dont fancy seeing my evo being towed away by baillifts lol

That won't happen, I would be taking my chances. Even if they do get the bailiffs involved, they can't just arrive and take your possessions, they will have to apply to the court to come after you for money, and even before that they will write to you asking for the money.

I would be waiting for them to write to me before parting with any money. Think about it, they are a private company and will have to go to the DVA for your details, it's a lot of work to get a measly £100 off you, it would end up costing them more in time wasted chasing you down.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.