F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
No mate am in frankfurt but can usually watch all tv channels on line.
I have amazon tv will try to find it there

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Extremely muted celebration in the parc ferme compared to motogp where the riders dive into their pit crew.
Is that a nico thing or an F1 thing?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Extremely muted celebration in the parc ferme compared to motogp where the riders dive into their pit crew.
Is that a nico thing or an F1 thing?
We'll it was an easy win for him, his main rival started last. Presume he just wasn't buzzing with excitement about the win as there was no fight for it.

Very often they do jump into the team but Rosberg wouldn't be one to do it a lot.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think he was just moping about Lewis finishing so high, lol, he was probably looking forward to taking 25 points out of the lead :p :innocent:

Lewis got lucky with that red flag, and not having pitted under the safety car. He will take that result.

It is interesting though. Nico and Ric where coasting away up front, and as a consequence got away with one less tyre change (after the restart) than Lewis who was actually racing and chasing behind. Pretty much means you cannot actually race and catch up without getting penalised and loose all the hard work by having to pit. The car and driver definitely had the pace to catch Ric from 5th to 2nd, but the tyres just would not allow it. Ah well, just F1 I guess.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
image.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
As others have touched on, Rosberg didn't really have to race, he just had to finish to be sure he won. Rosberg didn't really do anything to "deserve the win" if you know what I mean and that's possibly why he didn't do the usual big celebration when he won.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good luck to Massa (y) Not the worst driver on the grid, and a nice chap.

Jenson getting the spot at Williams?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yea Alonso was pretty much saying that if McLaren don't give him a fast car he's gone during an interview with Webber, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got the drive!

stevyg

RMS Regular
McLaren have come along a lot in the past 5-6 races, I think Alonso will stay if McLaren keep him, he's still not confirmed for 2017 even though he's on a 2 year contract...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Be interesting to see what Williams do either a driver bringing sponsorship, as Massa brought some with him, or go for someone with genuine speed/potential.

They would be best holding onto Bottas regardless.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Bottas was confirmed a few months back though, wasn't he? There was talk of Button moving back to Williams if Bottas moved to Ferrari but that never happened with Kimi being retained.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I think he was just moping about Lewis finishing so high, lol, he was probably looking forward to taking 25 points out of the lead :p :innocent:

Lewis got lucky with that red flag, and not having pitted under the safety car. He will take that result.

It is interesting though. Nico and Ric where coasting away up front, and as a consequence got away with one less tyre change (after the restart) than Lewis who was actually racing and chasing behind. Pretty much means you cannot actually race and catch up without getting penalised and loose all the hard work by having to pit. The car and driver definitely had the pace to catch Ric from 5th to 2nd, but the tyres just would not allow it. Ah well, just F1 I guess.
And how absolutely crap would it be if someone was able to drive from the back to the front and take the race and didn't have any limiting factors like tyres to manage?
And wearing out your tyres is hardly being penalised. Everyone has the same ones. Less new ones to choose from as it happens.

Your chart there appears to have an error in 2008, it should say 1st in the last column.

MarkM

RMS Regular
...... Button signs a two year deal.....development next year ( Vandoorne races) with option to race in 2018, so retirement really

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If McLaren didn't give Vandoorne a seat next year he would have went elsewhere & he's, probably, the hottest young driver not in F1 at the moment. He's won all there is to win so far.

Not sure what Button is expecting to happen; Alonso to retire/move on after next year?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Meanwhile…Hamilton thumping Rosberg by nearly half a second round Monza is one of the qualifying displays of the year. There's usually hundredths if not thousandths in it between teammates round here lol.

No point points given out today so here's hoping someone gives the Mercedes' a race tomorrow

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, half a second up on your team mate in the same car, job done, lol :grinning:

Looks like it could be a bit one-sided tomorrow, lined up by team and performance on the grid...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.