Wanted: NI 2 / 3 Digit Registration / Number Plate

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Who gave you that price for it? I've a 15 plate I'm about to put up for sale, so by that reckoning it should be worth £5k as its a smaller number than 17?

Seriously though, who does give honest plate valuations?
Can't remember the site now but I remember taking a screenshot of it to show someone else, I couldn't believe it myself.

I believe there's a big difference when jumping from the likes of 80s down to under 19 plates but not a big difference between the teens themselves, then a jump again in value when you get to single numbers.

I'm sure they probably would give me less in person

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, those websites are known for offering ridiculous amounts im afraid. They usually just advertise it for you, but some would actually buy it off you first. If any offer over £1k I'd take it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don't believe it is im afraid. As a very rough general rule "random" letters and numbers would be anything from £700-1000 depending on the seller and where it's listed. A *0 plate or double (88) is more desirable, as are letters like BIG as opposed to X's and Z's.

It completely depends on what someone wants to sell a plate at though and what someone is prepared to pay though, so you could get lucky! ChrisL's RNZ22 plate was a bargain. You'll also get plates cheaper at Wilson's.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
OP
Mickylad
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Thanks to everyone who has messaged me regarding the plates, nothing has tickled my fancy yet. Will keep this thread open for the time being.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
What makes it so exclusive and worth that price? I've been offered near 4k for mine and it's a 17 plate

Two things from this ... One take the money and run for the hills and Two the person that offered this are they ok in the head?

Plate valuations on all forums make me laugh at times, I purchased my plate for £450 at Auction (RNZ 22) and sold for 750. Wee bit of a profit and someone got a cheap 2 digit plate. Im sorry over 1.5k for any two digit plate is insane.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Based on the screenshot 3.7K cash was not being offered. As @Lyons said, loads of these websites advertise on your behalf at that price and simply take their commission. At that price it could well be fore sale for several years until someone with more money than sense comes along.

I agree, some of the 2-3 digit plate prices are insane but if someone is willing to pay it you can't blame the seller for asking for it.
I bought mine years ago thankfully when the pricing was sensible IMO. I have no intention to part with it (sorry @gav525 :p) ..
at this rate it looks like a safe investment :joy:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Two things from this ... One take the money and run for the hills and Two the person that offered this are they ok in the head?

Plate valuations on all forums make me laugh at times, I purchased my plate for £450 at Auction (RNZ 22) and sold for 750. Wee bit of a profit and someone got a cheap 2 digit plate. Im sorry over 1.5k for any two digit plate is insane.

this is bang on , there are in fact a stack of single digit plates in the next DVA auction starting at £500

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I would like to think it's worth a bit more than that :rolleyes:

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. but like the others say, its likely not worth as much as you'd like it to be.

didn't a set of 2 digit plates sell on here last month ULZ 15 and ULZ 16 for something like £1800 ? was sorely tempted but quickly remembered i have no money.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
this is bang on , there are in fact a stack of single digit plates in the next DVA auction starting at £500
Starting prices mean nothing though. Good single and double digit plates are increasing at a fair rate.

Sidecars55

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000RR
Why? They aren't getting rarer. Every new reg prefix brings another 99 into the market

Something doesn't have to be rare to increase in value. Doesn't bring 99 desirable plates into the market does it? It's common knowledge they have increased and are still increasing. If you don't understand why then that's your problem(y).

KevM

RMS Regular
Something doesn't have to be rare to increase in value. Doesn't bring 99 desirable plates into the market does it? It's common knowledge they have increased and are still increasing. If you don't understand why then that's your problem(y).

giphy.gif