‘98 Corsa B

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Class.... hard to beat a bit of nostalgia. Loving the thread keep it up!

My first car also Corsa, mighty 1.0 12v Sting. Complete with buckle in the door B pillar where someone nicked my amp, subs and 6x9s.

16" Kosei Snipers and got the bumpers /mirrors colour coded as they were wild faded.

Oh and official RMS stickers in the side windows ;)

1585821324356.png

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes

My first car also Corsa, mighty 1.0 12v Sting. Complete with buckle in the door B pillar where someone nicked my amp, subs and 6x9s.

16" Kosei Snipers and got the bumpers /mirrors colour coded as they were wild faded.

View attachment 271799

I honestly dont think I've ever seen a corsa b that didnt have a buckle in the b-pillar 😂

colin84

RMS Regular
That's how they stole mine, bent the door frame back when it was parked in a multi story car park in town. I was very lucky to get mine back, the police found it in a park on the Falls road with the engine still running, and fair play the cop jumped in it and drove it to the station. I just went up the next day and drove it home.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There was a guy in work had a diesel one and he just stopped locking it to save him having to fix the door. Couldn't even keep the jack or spare wheel in it because they'd steal those too lol

Edit: actually I remember in the end he had a piece of steel rebar welded to the inside of the frame which eventually stopped it :laughing:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

View attachment 271799
Brilliant!!
There was a guy in work had a diesel one and he just stopped locking it to save him having to fix the door. Couldn't even keep the jack or spare wheel in it because they'd steal those too lol

Edit: actually I remember in the end he had a piece of steel rebar welded to the inside of the frame which eventually stopped it :laughing:
That’s actually a great idea!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

He didnt happen to work as a commercial vehicle sprayer did he.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I remember a fella we called diesel stu that had a diesel corsa and he give that thing death.
Don’t think it had suspension in it.

davemk2

RMS Regular
mate of mine had a 1.5 diesel the gearbox gave up and then fitted a petrol box apparently and that thing could take off (until it hit 90) beat every bora sport around the tech lol then found out that normal cooker gas is like nitrous for diesels so took a spare windscreen washer jet drilled a hole in the airbox and plumbed it in, car sitting idling turned the lever valve on the gas on and straight off and near blew the whole thing up so the whole idea was scrapped after ha

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I finally got around to giving it its first Anachem treatment. I even washed the engine and engine bay, mainly because I believe it’s got the standard non-optional extra rocker cover oil leak! Lol

D7A880C9-70C8-41B2-9520-03495C1F396F.jpeg
53780F5D-7CA6-4D31-8B28-F352E1DD8E74.jpeg

And before anyone says it, I’ve run out of tyre slick. Must get that order into @Big Pimp

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Cool buddy takes me back never actually had one as I had my first mk2 gti at 18 when everyone else had these

looking forward to following this

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Wouldn’t be the first time bulbs have been dipped in paint for theses lol. I ran shadow chrome bulbs in the nova just kept it stealthy ;)

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Wouldn’t be the first time bulbs have been dipped in paint for theses lol. I ran shadow chrome bulbs in the nova just kept it stealthy ;)
I’m thinking of shadow chrome or similar for the indicators, but definitely want red for the stop/tail bulbs. Want to give as little reason as possible for the cops to stop me, which unfortunately means fitting some sort of subtle-ish reflectors to the rear (n):rolleyes:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Parcelforce also arrived a short while ago with the Tigra scuttle panel.

before:

D7758286-15E3-41FF-9D4C-069A9AA19466.jpeg

and after:

664D58E9-48E1-410B-BB6B-F11A51F80409.jpeg

Whilst I had it stripped off I took the opportunity to replace the pollen filter, which was long overdue by the looks of it!

54745506-0E68-48C8-A94A-F5D505A49C05.jpeg

At some stage in the no so distant future when I can get out to get some satin black paint I’ll rub down a spray the wiper arms.